ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Command line scripting & Realism

Command line scripting & Realism

Hi

I would like to use ArtRage in a computational art project in my PhD. There are some questions towards scripting though:

- Is there a way to run the program completely from command line? E.g. "artrage.exe scriptfile.arscript outputimage.png", toying around with the demo didn't get me too far.
    - Does the scripting support wetness? And if so, does the "wait" command wait for drying? Or is there another way to change the wetness of the paint?
    - Are the tools modeled to "feel" like real tools, or did you make measurements as a basis?

Thank you for your help
    -Rafael

Hi there,

-It's not possible to run ArtRage from a command line like that.
    -Wetness is a tool property. For example, you can turn on 'insta-dry' in the oil paint settings panel to make each stroke be dry when you lay it on the canvas. Otherwise strokes are treated as wet media. Strokes don't dry over time.
    -The tools are designed to simulate real world effects. We looked at some of the effects you could get with real tools then attempted to simulate these in the application.

You can find more in depth information on scripting here: http://www.artrage.com/files/artrage...ptingguide.pdf
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design