ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Artrage, I'm not leaving - but have you seen BlackInk?

No Artrage, I'm not leaving - but have you seen BlackInk?

ArtRage is still the painting program to me by which all others are judged. However, I can't help but test out whatever is new. Found a really cool one with some nice touches. It is called BlackInk and is still in beta but the developers seem to have great plans for it - very much in development. Bought it for $15 - Win7 version. Check it out http://www.bleank.com/applications.html?p=115

Just tried the trial beta version, but found it didn't run at all well on my netbook. Although to be fair, I don't think my graphics card is fully up to the required spec. It mentions somewhere that uses hardware for its speed. Having said that, ArtRage runs very well, as long as I avoid things like large water colour brushes. Thanks for posting about it and maybe let us know how the future goes.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

I also just tried it and it ran fine, but it was not any sort of improvement over Artrage 3 Pro in any department...no reason to switch.

Artrage seems VERY well designed, and runs smooth as butter on my 5 year old machine....it's intuitive and does what I need it to do...

Staying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Just tried the trial beta version, but found it didn't run at all well on my netbook. Although to be fair, I don't think my graphics card is fully up to the required spec. It mentions somewhere that uses hardware for its speed. Having said that, ArtRage runs very well, as long as I avoid things like large water colour brushes. Thanks for posting about it and maybe let us know how the future goes.
    Blackink ran slowly on my win7 machine. dual core intel and Nvidia geforce 210.
    Have you tried Livebrush? I think it does what blackink is trying to do, but mush faster.

Quote Originally Posted by rpavich View Post
    I also just tried it and it ran fine, but it was not any sort of improvement over Artrage 3 Pro in any department...no reason to switch.
    Artrage seems VERY well designed, and runs smooth as butter on my 5 year old machine....it's intuitive and does what I need it to do...
    Staying here.
    Thanks for testing!
    Black Ink is not meant to be a direct competitor of Artrage, we will offer a very different way of drawing with unique brushes and automated generative behaviors, try again in some time and check the new unique tools we’ll have!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Ingram View Post
    Blackink ran slowly on my win7 machine. dual core intel and Nvidia geforce 210.
    Have you tried Livebrush? I think it does what blackink is trying to do, but mush faster.
    Hi Edward,

I am sorry your graphic card is not powerful enough to use Black Ink.
    For a good performance a "G3D rating" of 500 is needed but we recommend a rating of 1000 or above for the best experience (go to the website of videocardbenchmark.net and "search for your video card").

On higher performance video cards Black Ink actually runs a lot faster than Livebrush and you can draw with really high resolutions.
    And we obviously share some ideas about creation but Black Ink offers a very different approach of user experience, interface, and involvement in the creation of new tools, like our new programmable brushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnimimi View Post
    Thanks for testing!
    Black Ink is not meant to be a direct competitor of Artrage, we will offer a very different way of drawing with unique brushes and automated generative behaviors, try again in some time and check the new unique tools we’ll have!
    '
    It's not? Isn't it a painting program?

You draw and paint with it...which is exactly what Artrage does very well....how is that NOT directly competing with Artrage again?

Quote Originally Posted by rpavich View Post
    '
    It's not? Isn't it a painting program?

You draw and paint with it...which is exactly what Artrage does very well....how is that NOT directly competing with Artrage again?
    Sincerely I don't use BlackInk, and I don't have any affiliation with the authors, but your post seems a bit rude.
    You know, computer graphics has a lot of facets, and I read on the main page of BI site:

"It stands as a "generative art" software because it doesn't try to mimic watercolor or oil painting, it takes advantage of the full potential of your computer to create new possibilities such as stroke gradients and color generation from user-provided pictures."

So it seems quite differente form AR, that instead explicitly tries (with good success) to mimic traditional techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Antlab View Post
    Sincerely I don't use BlackInk, and I don't have any affiliation with the authors, but your post seems a bit rude.
    You know, computer graphics has a lot of facets, and I read on the main page of BI site:

"It stands as a "generative art" software because it doesn't try to mimic watercolor or oil painting, it takes advantage of the full potential of your computer to create new possibilities such as stroke gradients and color generation from user-provided pictures."

So it seems quite differente form AR, that instead explicitly tries (with good success) to mimic traditional techniques.

Well, it wasn't meant to be...but I guess on internet forums I need to use an excess of smileys...thanks for clearing the difference up.

Nice to see you sharing alternative program to artrage. Thanks! I'll check it out also