ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My 11,000 KB blank page, where's my picture gone!

My 11,000 KB blank page, where's my picture gone!

Hey all, today I opened up artrage to continue work on a piece I've been working on for ages now, to discover, when it loads, it loads instantly, and it's a single blank layer, nothing on it.
    When I look at the file in the browser, it shows my picture, and tells me it's 11k ish KB.
    This is not a blank page according to the files details, so where is my picture in art rage? T-T

There are no error messages, nothing like that, my other pictures are loading normally.

I'm currently running Artrage 3.5.5 on windows XP and everything was running fine up until this morning

Can I rescue my picture? what can I do? Heeelp.

Maybe you have to scan your disk for errors. Do you make backups?

Quote Originally Posted by SHArtrage View Post
    Maybe you have to scan your disk for errors. Do you make backups?
    I intend to soon, my computer is having other issues anyway with being slow on the start up and being unable to shut down properly, but there's no other files around my computer seeming to be damaged or anything like that, just that single painting has issues.

Unfortunately I haven't backed up in a very long time ironically I was about to do a backup before reinstalling windows to see if I could get it to run faster, but I hadn't yet got round to it so going back to a previous save isn't an option to me right now.

I don't know why, normally I'm so good with keeping multiple saves of the same piece of art but with this one, I didn't and I'm really kicking myself for it now >.<

Sorry to hear you're having problems. This would indicate that the painting file is damaged, which could occur due to a crash during saving, loss of power during saving or data corruption on disk. This means that when Artrage is trying to load it, the file is incomplete so it's unable to get all the data it needs to construct the layers and so on.

However, the first thing that ArtRage attempts to save is a full size preview of the image, so you may be able to recover this via File -> Import Image then selecting your painting. If it loads, it won't contain layer or paint data, but may look the same as where you left it. I hope this is of some help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having problems. This would indicate that the painting file is damaged, which could occur due to a crash during saving, loss of power during saving or data corruption on disk. This means that when Artrage is trying to load it, the file is incomplete so it's unable to get all the data it needs to construct the layers and so on.

However, the first thing that ArtRage attempts to save is a full size preview of the image, so you may be able to recover this via File -> Import Image then selecting your painting. If it loads, it won't contain layer or paint data, but may look the same as where you left it. I hope this is of some help.

Yay! That did the trick, no layers, but that is absolutely fine as I was so close to finished anyway. phew.
    Thank you very very much! That's a lot of hours of work rescued!!