ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tartan

Tartan

This is an abstract done with roller, knife and fill tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tartan.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	70365  

This is great, love your technique
    "My art always looks better after a nip of Jack Daniels"

Bobbi, this is so nice and very creative, but you always are so creative, again very good work

!! WOW !! This is really good...perhaps you would consider sharing your technique
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Semd74, I don't know if I can give an exact answer to your question. This started as random strokes with the roller, set on thick paint. I used black paint to start and then did some random roller strokes with white. I took the knife on the flat setting and ran it through the roller strokes. If the canvas is set with no roughness and no grain size the knife produces interesting effects. I played around some more with the knife and started using the fill tool. I used different colors. If there are uneven breaks in the paint, the fill tool will also create some interesting effects. I then changed the canvas setting to one with the texture you see. The fill tool will sometimes fill areas of the texture. This all happens so randomly that I don't really know if it is a technique or just serendipity happening.

I get on a kick when I discover interesting results from experimenting and wring it out like a wet cloth until I come across another result that strikes my fancy. I can only say that experimenting is what I do and do and do and do.