ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portrait of a couple

Portrait of a couple

They were two members of the entertainment team in the village we had our holidays in this summer.
    He was the boss there and they were partners also in their life, so he asked me to paint their portrait.
    I did it in few hours by using aibrush and pencil (far from an usual choice for me) and I'm happy enough of the outcome and of the likeness, hoping they'll like it too ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gianluca e CarlaFinal.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	70362  
    Last edited by Caesar; 09-27-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I do admire your talent
    Last edited by suffolkgal; 09-27-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    "My art always looks better after a nip of Jack Daniels"

Caesar, this is done beautifully, I know they will love it, fantastic job

Well Caesar I like it, I am sure because you did it the likeness will be really good.
    I am sure they will really like it.
    Geoff

Caesar...they are very lucky to have come across you ...a great effort and well done.. interesting to me that you don't use airbrush that much...it would seem a likely candidate to get rounded forms and build up skin tones..might be too hard to control however.

Thank You, dear Suffolkgal! Actually I should have looked for a more creative and artistic interpretation, I guess, but I eventually proceeded with a more ordinary style. It wasn't too boring though, since i didn't trace, I had to correct the lady to get a better likeness and I completely changed the T-shirt of the gentleman.

I just hope so, dear Pat, although, being from younger generations and having seen my comix-like caricatures, i wonder if such quite classical interpretation fits their taste. Thank You.

Dear Geoff, differently from You I don't have just ladies to portray, alas ... Thank You for Your valuable appreciation since You're a masterful expert of this genre.

Thank you, dear Gary. Coming back to AR paintings after some time, I had to remove a little bit of rust, but, eventually, it's like biking or swimming, You fundamentally never forget how to.

This is excellent Cesare, they look a lovely couple and I am sure they will love it
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Nice lookin couple and a fantastic painting !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thank You, dear Katie. I think too it's not bad at all, but I still have to hear from them and their reaaction though.

They certainly looked in love, dear Steve. So I hope this painting may be the best wishes for them.

Caesar, looks like you have knocked the rust off, this is GREAT