ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling the works of art

1. Selling the works of art

Not sure if a good idea, but you guys from ArtRage Community, did you think to create a shop page or an art gallery where members could sell their creations as prints on canvas or paper? It could be a per/listing fee or a commission on each sale. I think this could be a great way for members to benefit from their art creations and also a better way for art lovers to decorate their empty spaces with some original (or limited edition) prints created by ArtRage members.

It's a great idea! This way ArtRage also makes commission on sales and the artist makes money too. Some years ago I sold many Limited Edition prints on eBay, not big money but it sells.
    2006 Hermitage Foundation Museum 1st Place Creativity Award in mixed technique, digital and hand painting called "Red Carpet Torso".TAA Miniatures Show "Tiny Treasures of TAA"

'Creativity takes courage'
    Henri Matisse

3. Indeed. The difficult part is that the artists need to work on a big scale. The final image should be at least 3000x4000 pixels for a high quality , let's say 30in print.

Quote Originally Posted by GalleryToday View Post
    Indeed. The difficult part is that the artists need to work on a big scale. The final image should be at least 3000x4000 pixels for a high quality , let's say 30in print.
    That is my usual practice unless I am just working out thumbnails and sketches. All my finish work is usually created at at least 4k.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

I agree- it's easy to work at that res. I do all the time. My issue is I want to work at 8000k res, and Artage just really slow at that size.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

6. Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I agree- it's easy to work at that res. I do all the time. My issue is I want to work at 8000k res, and Artage just really slow at that size.
    It's time to upgrade your computer just kidding

Lol! Well, it's true I work on an underpowered tablet pc, but other programs work fine at that res in it. Artrage just seems to be very slow with transformations, layer movement, importing and resizing images, etc. that sort of stuff. And when th file size gets big, it bogs down-- much more than other programs IMO.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

I must agree, there seems to be a certain limit somewhere afterwhich AR slows down for certain jobs. Did a book cover last year on my laptop (i7, 4GB, dedicated GPU) and it hit the roof pretty fast - probably because I was doing it in 300dpi from the start (still, size was no larger than A4-paper).

But to keep to the subject: Yes, a place to sell would be nice... and perhaps with links to printers in your own area?
    I know there are some printers today that also print full color with Z-depth (mostly for prototypes) on a plastic canvas if you'd want that oil-feel to it.
    And hey, while we're at it why not send some of the revenue to different projects like save the rainforest (bi-monthly theme??)?
    A function for comissioned work? Someone says: I want this and that.
    AR users paint, buyers selects, artist gets paid.

However, now we are talking bandwidth heavy stuff, some of the earnings would have to go to that. The IP area is a minefield,
    some sort of contract between buyer, AR and artist would have to be drawn up and made sure it suits most nationalities.
    Lot of stuff

Perhaps just better to use the existing image-selling services like shutterstock.com ??

One guy on this Forum had a link under his messages to fineartamerica.com
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nop-briex.html
    No idea what his experiences are there, anyway, it's an option!

Yes, I see also, that artrage is sometimes slow, and I have an good machine. Intel 2600k, Intel SSD, win 7 64 bit, and my RAM is also bigggggg, e.g. the fluid knife (with an high size/image resolution) is slow slow slow .... I hope, that artarge comes once a day also in a 64bit version.

And about making money, whats about ebay or dawanda? I see thats not an good idea better to try it in other ways? Maybe in the next city?