ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have started my first painting using the full studio version... :)

I have started my first painting using the full studio version... :)

Having a bit of a go at several of the new features available, definitely a 'work in progress'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pastel.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	70157

A little more work done...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pastel.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	70175

3. try to use vanishing points....
    ArtRage and M O U S E

Quote Originally Posted by paralel View Post
    try to use vanishing points....

I don't have any formal art training so just muddle through usually. I am in the process of getting a perspective sticker though, if only I knew how and where to save it but hopefully I shall get a reply from the post soon

Thank you
    Last edited by suffolkgal; 09-15-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Katsunami Guest
    And you said you couldn't draw.... even that, you're already a few streets ahead of me

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
    And you said you couldn't draw.... even that, you're already a few streets ahead of me

Good luck
    Thanks I tend to be rather hit and miss but it is a learning curve I am happy to travel. I am looking forward to seeing your first painting post and shall keep an eye out...no pressure...much heehee

Katsunami Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suffolkgal View Post
    Thanks
    You're welcome

I tend to be rather hit and miss but it is a learning curve I am happy to travel.
    Same here

I am looking forward to seeing your first painting post and shall keep an eye out...no pressure...much heehee
    How evil!

Ah well, I'll post a WIP shortly. Like, within 5 minutes from now. If you laugh very loud, then I'll... I'll... probably... frown. Or something

It is coming along nicely, I see you have included a slight shadow on the watering container, so remember that the light source is the same for the vase and that should also have a shadow.Also include a very narrow slightly darkened area directly under each item to anchor them to the background so they do not appear to be floating.
    Keep up the good work.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
    You're welcome

Same here

How evil!

Ah well, I'll post a WIP shortly. Like, within 5 minutes from now. If you laugh very loud, then I'll... I'll... probably... frown. Or something
    I wouldn't laugh as I don't have a sense of humour *cough*....oh alright, you are correct with the evil, but only in the humour

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    It is coming along nicely, I see you have included a slight shadow on the watering container, so remember that the light source is the same for the vase and that should also have a shadow.Also include a very narrow slightly darkened area directly under each item to anchor them to the background so they do not appear to be floating.
    Keep up the good work.
    Geoff
    Thank you Yes, I am having a little problem with shadow and light source. I have started with the shadow at the back of the vase but it needs moving to the right. Lots to do with this painting but I am enjoying doing it