ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our friend Pat

Our friend Pat

Many of you like myself are animal lovers and our friend Pat (pat1940) has just had to put her dog Casey to sleep.
    Naturally she is feeling very sad and down at the moment so lets see if we can help her through this difficult time.
    Thanks Geoff

Dear Pat, as a lifelong dog lover, I can certainly understand the feelings of loss involved. Just treasure the memories, for they will enrich your life forever, and never fail to bring a smile to your heart.
    Take care.
    Mike

Geoff - Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

I'm new around here so you won't know me but I'm a fellow dog lover too. I have an 8 year old German Shepard, and I feel for your lose Pat.
    Sadly this is a day that we all must endure as our best of friends are with us for all too short a time.
    As dog lovers we have only one duty, to give our dogs the best of lives while they are with us, as I am sure you gave Casey.

Take care

Take care, Pat. I lost my dog too, but we never forget our best friend.
    2006 Hermitage Foundation Museum 1st Place Creativity Award in mixed technique, digital and hand painting called "Red Carpet Torso".TAA Miniatures Show "Tiny Treasures of TAA"

'Creativity takes courage'
    Henri Matisse

Dearest Pat... I am so sad to hear that your dog had to be put to sleep... I had to do that over Christmas to my dog Psi... it was one of the hardest and saddest days of my life, so I can understand a bit how you are feeling.. it took me quite awhile to get over ( and I am not really over it ) when by chance I got a new puppy I named Ty ( to rhyme with Psi ) and he is a challenge but so much fun and such a companion. I hope at some point you consider getting a new friend too..

My thoughts are with you as well, Pat. Last March we went to the States to visit my parents. When we returned we found out that Joe, our 10-year-old Sheltie, had died while we were away. Hard, so hard! Just hang in there.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

So very sorry for your loss. We have suffered that heartache more times times than we would have liked, but the joy they brought to us is well worth it. We & our choc. Lab..Latte Da ... Lost Daisy, our yellow rescue lab right before Christmas. Usually, someone finds us, from Rottweiler to rat terrier when the time is right. I am ready and waiting now with open arms. God bless you and I hope your heart opens to another best friend soon!

Pat, I'm sorry for your lose I've been and I think Mike (Barnburner said it best

I very recently lost my very dear friend of 11 years. My cat was a "gift" -- a feral kitten who came with my house when I moved in. Got to be where it was like he was my shadow. I had a dog growing up too. The bond can be very similar. It's surprisingly hard to lose them. I offer my condolences to you Pat, and to all the others here who have suffered their own loss.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts and condolences with Pat, I know what a difficult time this can be after losing a family friend , and I hope some of the grief is reducing.
    Thanks once again.
    Geoff