ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Samsung Slate - Pen sensitivity - Am I missing something?

Samsung Slate - Pen sensitivity - Am I missing something?

Hello technical geniuses.

I've recently upgraded from an iPad2 to a Samsung Series 7 Slate; my main motivation being a more robust ArtRage experience.

While I'm seeing some degrees of pressure sensitivity when using the stylus, the range isn't very pronounced, and the overall brush size seems very small.

For instance, using Watercolour:
    - Pressing lightly with the stylus gives a thin (1mm) line.
    - Pressing heavily with the stylus gives a thicker (5mm) line.
    - But pressing with a finger gives a MUCH thicker (15-20mm) line.

I'm not changing the brush settings at all (they're set to 100% size), so there must be something I'm missing in settings(?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Everyone needs a square in their circle of friends.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest input drivers from your manufacturer, as well as downloading the latest version of ArtRage ( 3.5.5 )

Set the tools in Artrage are set to default ( click the reset button in the tool settings panel ).

Depending on your slate's hardware and drivers, you may need to change input settings in Edit -> Preferences -> Input Device. Try realtime stylus enabled, wintab disabled then restart ArtRage. Then try the opposite.

If this doesn't help, check in your Samsung tablet settings for tablet pressure or softness. If your stylus is set too hard, or the pressure settings are non standard this could certainly cause that.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

You, sir, are a life-saver.

I updated ArtRage (easy) and my Wacom drivers (which were a nightmare to find) and everything works beautifully!

Thank you thank you thank you.
    Everyone needs a square in their circle of friends.

No problem, glad to hear that helped!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design