ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Rock Lake

Big Rock Lake

Completely done with ink pen and knife, I found that the ink pen gives a nice texture to the rocks, enjoyed this experiment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Rock Lake.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	209.9 KB 
ID:	69937  

Pat the foreground flowers and rocks are very good... overall an very nice work..

Very nice. A wonderful place to relax.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

whaw i like this alot......very nice piece or painting here well done

Really good Pat I like how the rocks in the foreground then lead your eye into the rest of the scene. Great colours.
    Geoff

i love the rocks
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Still watching your style evolving with great interest. You certainly brought the foreground forward. Nice colors there as well. I can see this style going in several directions (though not restricted to only the one's I'll mention).

I could see you pushing realism where you are creating a believable space in a natural way.

I could also see you pushing compositional elements making it fixed in setting, but it becomes mostly about the movement around the canvas using strokes, compositional elements for the design quality, with one of your tools being design of the shapes and colors to take the viewer on a journey of the eyes around the scene.

Another possible way is as a color as an end point, to really push colors in a way for the benefit and balance of the canvas as a whole unit. Thus the subject may become less important than the invented paint relationships which then take center stage as the the prime feature. In those cases the actual subject just happens to merely be a springboard after which point it becomes all about the color play and the canvas and paint. Could be abstract or not. Could be stylized. Could be realistic with punchy colors.

And there are lots more ways, but those are a few that come to mind. And one can employ those ideas, and more, all at the same time as well.

I once had a teacher who said that so long as your values were working, you could get away with most any colors. I cautiously agree with that in theory for the purposes of a guideline. But I've also seen where that isn't true with a compelling color statement. But I can say that if the values are working, it's structured. Depends on what you like.

Looking great Pat.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very nice work on the rocks and other elements in the FG...I really love this and think it is one of your best !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

This is so very good Pat, love the way you have done the foreground and it really adds depth to the painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thankyou all for the wonderful response with this one, I am so glad you liked it, very pleased, and always appreciated