Thread: rainyday or purplewindow

Gallery
    View images

rainyday or purplewindow

Hi, I am not an experienced artist. I have just started painting about six months ago since I have discovered artrage. I am sure painting on canvas is much more difficult, but I would like to try it some day.

This is my first post. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Looks like that was fun!

There are an infinite number of ways to approach making visual art.

Some people flourish with playing around for the sheer joy of watching what happens if you do something (fill in a type of manipulation or mark).

Others like structure and want some goal based on a curiosity or a special interest the subject. In some cases, capturing its image is just another opportunity to get that cool feel from a focus on the subject matter like sports or beauty.

If you're of the former group, go for it. I can't really help. You will know well enough when you're having fun.

If you are looking for structure, pick a goal and set about gathering info about how others went about doing what you want to do. Look at their results and by all means, try it yourself -- lots.

Have fun and welcome.

Gallery
    View images
    Bill,

What an awesome job. You have real artistic sensibilities. Beautiful colors and this would definitely sell on canvas. To me it is like Van Gogh in China.
    I am walking along and there are paper dragons and fireworks and lanterns overhead. It is a parade in China at night right? Well it was for me. Please, I hope you keep painting!

Gz

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you GZAIRBORNE I appreciate the encouragement.

Bill