ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRageUS Digital Magazine Sept 2012 is HOT off the Presses

Exclamation ArtRageUS Digital Magazine Sept 2012 is HOT off the Presses

HI all you Ragers, The Special Issue September 2012 is HOT off the presses and a day early due to bad weather coming today here in the USVI. Whew. I want to thank those whom made submissions and our Featured Artist for his participation.. He is a busy artist and he made the time for us all to enjoy his art and story. Hope you all enjoy the magazine this month. Next Special issue is set for December 1, 2012 so be prepared and you can begin now to send me any submissions so I can get started on it. I am also accepting any article/s or stories, contact me for details and ideas. I am also lookin to make a PLUG-IN list for the next Issue of compatible Plug-ins for ArtRage that are proven to work well. You can send the links or materials to me anytime by: bobbyray42@gmail.com The Theme December 1 is:::::: Your best painting EVER (well so far anyway). hehe I also want to say thanks to Matt and Dave and Andy for their very hard work and labor of love of ArtRage, where would we be without it or them? Thanks Guys!!!!!! We all love you. SO, on to the magazine.....enjoy Ragers, it comes with love from the USVI and Bobbyray and the Rager artists. Our Magazine for all Ragers to be published in, on any level. Get your copy here: http://www.artrageus.net Please post a comment in the box for Post comments on the website and let me know if you like the new look or any problems or email me. I am still working on it....thank you for your interest and participation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 09-01-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Well done Bobbyray and helpers, this is another outstanding issue. I love all the portraits of the featured artist they we a joy to look at. Well done once again
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you Bobbray the magazine is brilliant as usual.
    I always read the featured artist first as I love to read how each person started as an artist and the type of art they love to do, then I look at their wonderful paintings and say wow!.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Great Issue!

Bobbyray, thanks for another great issue. I really prefer to see some of the great art produced in ArtRage in a concise location rather than hunting through all the posts on the forum. Your selection of artists to spotlight is a real plus. When I grow up, I want to be an accomplished AR artist as well. Que le vaya bien in port.

Many thanks Bobbyray and helpers for another awesome issue.
    Very well done again
    Good work for the future
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Exclamation Thanks

Hi Ragers,

Thank you for the nice comments, it is really appreciated very much. I do like to hear what all Ragers think about the magazines. I was surprised that we only had 11 submissions after 3 months notice, hummm, Seems not many Ragers are interested in getting published in our Ragers magazine. WHY? It is all about you the Rager and it is our Rager Magazine. Any Rager can get published on any artist level as the magazine is not about the Pro Artists, it is about all the Rager Artists. Writers can submit too. Is three months notice not enough time for you to come up with something for the magazine? If it is, I can and will change over and only do 3 issues a year starting in Jan 2013, June 1,2013 and December 1, 2013 if we do not have many more submissions by the next Dec 1, 2012 Issue. That should work better for you? You decide. It is your magazine for and by the Ragers. It is up to you.

The magazine does provide some commercial marketers and potential art buyers as to up and coming artists in their fields of expertise too. We have about 7K downloads each Issue globally and they are not all Ragers. That is a lot of exposure and it's free for you as a Rager. What more can I offer you? It is up to you to submit your art, articles or stories. It is what you make it. I just put it all together and make it a reality for you Ragers as an volunteer. It is a whole lot of work on my part producing our magazine, alone. I do enjoy producing it for you Ragers but even if you do not participate you can at least be a little kind and considerate to say thank you for doing this for us or something, it won't hurt a bit. Really. That is not about feeding my ego but a simple courtesy and you may also make a donation of $1 ( if you can afford it) to cover my time and costs as that helps me to make time to do it for you and I need to buy adobe Illustrator too for even better page making ability. Unfortunately, I can only do daily odd jobs due to a back injury and can not hold a regular type job so I am out and hopping around the islands looking everyday for some daily work income as I have no other income sources. If I take off from that time to make the magazine I lose income and I have a lost a lot so far not to mention making so many personal sacrifices to do it. The mag takes me about 1 full week to produce an issue at least. That is just my life's reality. Anything you can do is greatly appreciated. To those that have made donations.....Thank you very much. That has been about $50 a year so far over the last two years+ total. That plus more out of my pocket went toward my MS Word purchase to make the mag pages better. I am not looking to make a living off of the magazine guys. Is there a reason I should pay for programs and hunt down artists for materials and make the magazine alone? Some Ragers did make donations a while back for my purchase of Acrobat X Pro and that helped a lot. Many Thanks to those Ragers!!! I am not complaining but simply asking the Ragers, Why are you not participating? You can submit anytime that you have something for the next magazine Issue. The sooner the better for me. If you have any questions, email me anytime: bobbyray42@gmail.com

So, if you want, you need to help and participate in some productive way or there is just no need or want by you for the magazine except for a few Ragers and that is not enough justification for all the work involved. Be kind, be a true Rager. Share the love of ArtRage and ArtRageUS Digital Magazine. Get published. Have fun and remember, we are a family of art "Ragers" and ArtRageUS Digital Magazine is YOUR dedicated Ragers Magazine.

Sometimes the truth is looking you right in the face and saying, "wake up and smell the Roses. They are for you". A gift of love and respect.

Thank you for your understanding and for reading this message
    Hope to see your art in the next Issue on Dec 1, 2012
    Bobbyray

Hi still do not know why we could only submit one entry as many of us who do animals had plenty more if quantity of submissions was an issue.
    Geoff

Question Hey there

Limey-G

I understand and respect your thoughts but please consider this:

The Ragers all had and have the opportunity to submit one painting as a fair way of maintaining the Ragers Spotlight Section, their best painting. If we have 20 paintings from one Rager and 1 from others it just promotes the one artist more. Not very fair is it. At least it would appear that way to the Ragers and readers which are not all Ragers. Unless the one was a "Featured" Rager Spotlight Artist, which we do not do.

This is about all the Ragers getting published in a fair and equal way. The Ragers Spotlight is simply that, a gallery of one artwork per artist per Issue of their best painting. If the Ragers participated more it would be much bigger and better and that is the main goal. If they see one Rager getting all the spotlight, they may not even participate, not that they are now but we can only hope. I can add a link to your gallery from your Spotlight submission. No Problem there. A good idea? I can also add a photo of the artists if they like, but that would not look so good if only 1 or 2 did. It would not be standard format for the section without total participation and some will not.

If you want to do a story on your type of artworks "animals" and include a tutorial, that is an excellent idea, please do so and submit it for publishing in the next issue. That is better for you to do it that way. We would all enjoy that. Not as a featured Artist but as a story about your style and type of art on Animals or whatever.

The Rager spotlight is simply that, your best painting only.

I hope you do understand and appreciate that logic. It is not about the quantity of just one or two artists filling it up.

I hope this moves you to do art story with a tutorial/s and show us your best artworks. I look forward to seeing it and I think the Ragers would too. Go for it. Make it happen. Teach Ragers how to do animal art and show your top 10 paintings or more in the process. What a deal, no? contact me with your ideas at bobbyray42@gmail.com

Your call and thanks for hanging with ArtRageUS Digital Magazine The Ragers Magazine.

With Love from the USVI
    Bobbyray

I was just making a comment, I am quite happy with just one entry.
    Geoff

Thumbs up Limey-g

Limey-G

Hey no problem ... I am just trying to keep it fair and organized, for all. If we change the format then it is just for a few artists to show many of their artworks. The spotlight is for their best painting.

If you want to do up a special story and add your artworks, cool. Send away. I am here for you and anyone who wishes to do so.

Ragers:
    Any tutorial/s or articles or ???/ send on. Please do not wait until the deadline. It gets pretty hectic for me then and there is not enough time to work it up and put the mag and websites and all together by myself. It is a huge amount of work for me as it is so help me out some and send me some materials as soon as you can from this point on. I am happy to help you out and do the pdf page/s for you so send on Ragers.

I truly hope that more Ragers get involved and participate in our Magazine. It is for you that I do this. If not, I will have no choice but to cut it down even more and then perhaps to nothing at all. It is what you as a Rager make it. If you want to volunteer to help out, please email me. There are many things that could make it better on a monthly basis if I had the time but I do not, sorry. I need your help as a volunteer to do that. Currently, Every 3 months we could have a super great magazine. I do the best that I can for you as a volunteer and I have for years now, for all of you without much thanks either.

So what are you going to do?

I dunno, we shall see.
    BRAY