ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animated Movie Titles

Animated Movie Titles

Hello fellow ArtRagers! I haven't posted anything here in the gallery for quite a while but I couldn't resist posting my work on the Titles for "Virginia" starring Ed Harris and Jennifer Connelley. I had the happy job of working with Chel White who directed the titles and several talented artists whom it was my privilege to lead on the project. I used ArtRage for all of my shots which are depicted in the images below. The other artists had the freedom to chose their painting software and most chose to work in Photoshop as they were more familiar and comfortable there-especially given the relatively short schedule of the project. Two of the scenes depicted below were only revised by me at the directors request, the majority of the work on those was done by other artists. One was repainted almost entirely from a scanned acrylic by another artist. I will note those below.

If you would like to see these titles in motion, you can go to Chel White's Vimeo page here: http://vimeo.com/48170042

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Virginia_Titles_01.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	69819

Name:	Virginia_Titles_02.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	69820
    The image above was originally painted in acrylic by the very talented Mary Blankenburg. The director wanted to change the pallet and the types of trees so I painted it over from the ground up using ArtRage. The willows hanging in the foreground were done with a custom sticker spray I made specifically for the project.

Name:	Virginia_Titles_03.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	369.4 KB 
ID:	69821

Name:	Virginia_Titles_04.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	69822
    This image went through several modifications. Originally started by Joe McMurrian, who did other shots not depicted here, it was modified by Traci Cook and finally by me.

Name:	Virginia_Titles_05.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	69823
    This is another image that was largely created by Joe McMurrian. I ended up needing to move the umbrella and change the sky and distant foliage as well as the water.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Yep.
    smashing. Slainte. Statte Bbone. Si. Si.

SOOO AMAZING..Love the first painting.. soo much details in every painting.. wonderfull to look at

Super ! great artworks here!!!!
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Wow, great artwork here, must feel good to see it used in the titles of a movie.
    Geoff

Fabulous artwork
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks to animation drawings, they found a three-dimensional depth!

You should be very proud of this. Congratulations.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you all for looking in and commenting. We painted on many layers keeping in mind the movement through the scenes. The multi-layered paintings were exported to PSD file format and handed off to the very talented Brian Kinkley for compositing and animation in Adobe After Effects. I very much enjoyed my involvement in this project and I feel good about what we accomplished.

Thanks again for looking.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Fantastic paintings congradulations Fashmir, and thanks for sharing all of these