ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPad ArtRage Questions

iPad ArtRage Questions

Hi folks

I plan on getting an iPad at Christmas and I have a few questions:

1. I got my copy of ArtRage as free download when I bought my Wacom Bamboo pen tablet. Can I install ArtRage, using the same Serial Code, on my iPad when I get it?

2. I plan on buying a stylus - am I right in thinking that these stylus's don't need any special software to be installed and will work with ArtRage in the same way my Wacom Tablet works?

Thank you!

Artrage for the iPad is not compatible with ArtRage for Windows / OS X as the iPad operating system is quite different so it's not possible to copy your desktop application on to the iPad. All applications for the iPad are downloaded or purchased from Apple's Appstore so you would need to purchase the iPad version if you wanted to use Artrage on the iPad.

Styluses generally don't tend to need any extra software. However, they also don't normally support pressure like your Wacom tablet does, so the stroke won't vary with pressure. There are some exceptions to this - ArtRage now supports the Adonit Jot stylus which has pressure support ( While not as many levels of pressure as your Wacom tablet does )

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Artrage for the iPad is not compatible with ArtRage for Windows / OS X as the iPad operating system is quite different so it's not possible to copy your desktop application on to the iPad. All applications for the iPad are downloaded or purchased from Apple's Appstore so you would need to purchase the iPad version if you wanted to use Artrage on the iPad.

Styluses generally don't tend to need any extra software. However, they also don't normally support pressure like your Wacom tablet does, so the stroke won't vary with pressure. There are some exceptions to this - ArtRage now supports the Adonit Jot stylus which has pressure support ( While not as many levels of pressure as your Wacom tablet does )

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions

Thanks for the answers, David. I have plenty of money on my iTunes account so I will set some past and buy the iPad version of ArtRage when the time comes.

I will need to investigate styluses further, the Adonit Jot might be worth looking into.

Binge,
    I highly recommend the Jot from Adonit. I have the pro version and it makes a world of difference. It makes other styli feel like drawing with a 2X4. At this point I don't work seriously enough to drop 99.00 on their Jot touch, (wifi with pressure sensitivity) but I think you will really enjoy any of their models.