ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: an exercise in geometry , texture and implied space.

an exercise in geometry , texture and implied space.

I seem to be drawn to "build" these right now hope you enjoy it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Konstruct-25.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	498.1 KB 
ID:	69754  

Hi there. Just popping in - and saw this. I love it. I've missed your work, much need to catch up.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

gary ... this is the kind of painting that deserves to be read more than just looked at ... you've given it a sort Bauhaus title and the variety of textures, muted colors, interlocking symbols, signs of movement, musical notation, primitive biology references plus the overall flat look of the surface does suggest textile art ...

... but how to read it? ... one day in a physics class, we noticed the professor had put up a rather complicated set of formulas on the board, with explanatory illustrations, symbols, occasional words, etc. ... when he walked into the classroom to begin his lecture, he looked at the board for a while, and then said, "Obviously, ..."
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Hi there. Just popping in - and saw this. I love it. I've missed your work, much need to catch up.
    thanks for popping in...its been awhile since we have seen you here..great to see you back and I hope we get to see some new work

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    gary ... this is the kind of painting that deserves to be read more than just looked at ... you've given it a sort Bauhaus title and the variety of textures, muted colors, interlocking symbols, signs of movement, musical notation, primitive biology references plus the overall flat look of the surface does suggest textile art ...

... but how to read it? ... one day in a physics class, we noticed the professor had put up a rather complicated set of formulas on the board, with explanatory illustrations, symbols, occasional words, etc. ... when he walked into the classroom to begin his lecture, he looked at the board for a while, and then said, "Obviously, ..."
    LOL we must have had the same teacher..I remember my Calculus prof used to take these huge formulas and say "Its intuitively obvious that from here we can state"......just don't try to read this from right to left.. you will get very confused..

Gary, I see many things in this painting, and all is so appealing to the eye and very artistic, your brain is working overtime lol wonderful work
    and ah yes those wonderful colors

Gary, it makes me think of life, the colours, textures and shapes that all go into making someones life, perhaps a bit neater than my own tho LOL

Looks like you opened a book and all the stories came rushing out, nice one Gary
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Love this Gary! But I'm not crazy about the object/element in the lower right corner. It seems like a focal point but in the corner not well placed. I suppose because of it's brightness or it looks like one of those brain teasers I've seen. Just an observation. Overall I think it's a great Painting!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

I like the colors and shapes

It would be fun to walk through a gallery of your paintings.

I see not only color but shape here Gary...very nice
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.