ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Littlebit_of_Nature

Littlebit_of_Nature

Just wanted to do SOMETHING
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very impressive! Nice image. You're making great headway.

A comment about the lower half of the leaves, you may want to come back with some lighter opaques where the leaves might be getting hit by the light in order to pull the tree forward. It's fine against the light sky, but then the far ridge/meadow makes the color you used for the leaves play differently and it feels rather dense there in the lower portion. Colors change based on what color they are next to, so we have to compensate in order to fool the eye into thinking it's consistent.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

nice work you are gaining ground for sure.. you did an especially nice job on the tree limbs.. the colors have a nice spring like feel.

I also really like parts of this. My favorite is the very loose and free flowers you've got on the bottom-- they're clearly not representational, but they say "flowers". It's a nice touch.

I agree with the comment about the lower parts of the tree and how they relate to the hill in the background. My presumption is that you painted the hill first and then put the tree in second, but that the brush or stamp you used for the tree is transparent? Not that it's loose and "open", but rather transparent. If this is true, then that's why the hills are "pushing through" so much. You could change it in two ways if you wanted to- 1) paint your tree with a truly opaque brush (like some sort of Oil brush), or you could 2) paint your background hill with a paler, more neutral, more transparent wash. Truthfully, you could do a bit with both if you wanted to, and it might help that part of the painting read more clearly.

I also agree that the tree limbs are well done. You've taken the time to give them dimension and form. Like that!
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Rondo, I like the delicate flowers and the tree limbs, and you are showing a lot of progress...good for you

i really appriciate the comment and specially the advice .In painting is the term" less is more" used but here should be " more is better" be very welcome Thanks again

This is so nice and very refreshing, you really are making great progress
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307