ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulling on a Thread

Pulling on a Thread

just had to follow this thread and pull and tease until something gave way..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pulling on a Thread.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	487.5 KB 
ID:	69722  

So there they are...all the pieces of my brain that have been lost over the years LOL...nice painting Gary !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

what a beauty. this would look great dressing up a gallery or environmental design for something hi tec, really pushes forward the concept of digital abstract painting. very nice rhythms and music in the piece.

Nicely done Gary , I like this one.
    Geoff

Yeah, this is brilliant.

This is not only cohesive, it's very layered and deep. I find, for my eye, the economy works very well in that every note, so to speak, has a meaning and clarity and the contribution to the whole is virtually precise, which is not a term I often can use when speaking of abstracts.

Funny, but I was just watching a guitar tutorial from a guy who was saying of his playing that he makes every note count. This put an instant analogy into my mind when looking at your work here.

This is not only composed but arranged and performed impeccably.

I can see your intention of doing a number with shapes and frames is really showing what the unconscious pull in that direction was getting at. . . with lots more to continue. Nobody could have shown you how to do this. It's yours because you found it along your personal journey.

Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by semd74 View Post
    So there they are...all the pieces of my brain that have been lost over the years LOL...nice painting Gary !!
    Steve so glad I found them and put them all back together for you!......

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    what a beauty. this would look great dressing up a gallery or environmental design for something hi tec, really pushes forward the concept of digital abstract painting. very nice rhythms and music in the piece.
    thanks Albert your comments on this piece are very encouraging on my journey with digital abstraction.

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Nicely done Gary , I like this one.
    Geoff
    Geoff thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yeah, this is brilliant.

This is not only cohesive, it's very layered and deep. I find, for my eye, the economy works very well in that every note, so to speak, has a meaning and clarity and the contribution to the whole is virtually precise, which is not a term I often can use when speaking of abstracts.

Funny, but I was just watching a guitar tutorial from a guy who was saying of his playing that he makes every note count. This put an instant analogy into my mind when looking at your work here.

This is not only composed but arranged and performed impeccably.

I can see your intention of doing a number with shapes and frames is really showing what the unconscious pull in that direction was getting at. . . with lots more to continue. Nobody could have shown you how to do this. It's yours because you found it along your personal journey.

Bravo!
    thank you very much for your critical eye on my work.. it has proven a big help. and after many years of studying other artists work it seems I have gradually fallen into my own visual language, I will say it feels right and deeply internal but I am glad it resonates with others, that is the joyful experience in painting..

Gary, I like this a lot, just love to gaze at the depth and those wonderful colors and shapes, another fav, great job

Red face

I love all your abstracts, and this is a really nice example.

Love the colors and patterns

So interesting to look at. So much going on!

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, I like this a lot, just love to gaze at the depth and those wonderful colors and shapes, another fav, great job
    thank you Pat..

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    I love all your abstracts, and this is a really nice example.
    Nice to hear from you and I appreciate your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    So interesting to look at. So much going on!
    Thanks Marilyn Anne.. working on blending texture work with selections and layer masks..