ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: FlatLand

FlatLand

a land of two dimensions and acute angles.. be careful where you walk!..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlatLander.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	406.2 KB 
ID:	69709  

Okay, this has little to do with what you intended, no doubt, but to me it's like those long ago magic toy gags where you offer somebody a tubular can (today it would be roughly like a Pringles potato chip can only wider), and when they open it, a spring that is covered in a multi-colored fabric sleeve would pop out and into the air.

Well, combine that idea with some greeting cards where they cover it in confetti and streamers, and SURPRISE! Sort of party streamers on steroids. This one puts me in a festive mood. WOOOHOOO!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

for me it is much more elegant. that is the joy of abstract ideas the viewer bringing their own experience into the party.
    I see this one as more refined with a definite cubist influence reminiscent of Picasso's work. Interesting how he could
    whip out a quick sketch or a ceramic design and yet have it immediately recognizable as his. I think you may be approaching
    that kind of ease of style which would certainly be lovely thing to have happen. Also a great deal of thought has into the color
    play here to get just the right aesthetic going on. great stuff. Maybe a little Chagall in there too with a bit of Fraser's woo sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Okay, this has little to do with what you intended, no doubt, but to me it's like those long ago magic toy gags where you offer somebody a tubular can (today it would be roughly like a Pringles potato chip can only wider), and when they open it, a spring that is covered in a multi-colored fabric sleeve would pop out and into the air.

Well, combine that idea with some greeting cards where they cover it in confetti and streamers, and SURPRISE! Sort of party streamers on steroids. This one puts me in a festive mood. WOOOHOOO!!!!!!
    LOL....well I can certainly see why you see these things here..isn't art supposed to be a SURPRISE! - thanks for your great comments..they are always fun but have a bit of truth most often..

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    for me it is much more elegant. that is the joy of abstract ideas the viewer bringing their own experience into the party.
    I see this one as more refined with a definite cubist influence reminiscent of Picasso's work. Interesting how he could
    whip out a quick sketch or a ceramic design and yet have it immediately recognizable as his. I think you may be approaching
    that kind of ease of style which would certainly be lovely thing to have happen. Also a great deal of thought has into the color
    play here to get just the right aesthetic going on. great stuff. Maybe a little Chagall in there too with a bit of Fraser's woo sheep.
    Albert..I am glad you see the cubist element to this design as I have kind of moved into that direction recently, a digital revisit to a great idea.. thanks and great to get your comments