ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Eat the Mushrooms

Don't Eat the Mushrooms

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dont eat the mushrooms.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	315.2 KB 
ID:	69661
    Hope you enjoy this one
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Well Katie i really like this one, you have excelled yourself, well thought out, was the light effect done in Photoshop ?
    Geoff

Jiminee Crickets, Ms Coops. She's Pinocchiette, the mushroom that became a real girl. And here comes the sun, doo en doo doo. . . and out she pops along with her mates.

There's also oddly an Egyptian feel to it all, like some of the old Mazda lighting ads from the 1910s and 20s.

Also reminds me a little of the green fairy in Moulin Rouge, the Nicole Kiddman one, the bit about the personification of absinthe, only this is the veggie equivalent.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Cool Image

Seems a dark moody atmosphere to me. Maybe not though. Maybe instead this is just the early morning hours of your average garden variety fairy. Is there a message here? The mushrooms are safe from me. However, I would really like to get to see the fairy girl better. I can almost make out her features but not quite.

Coops, this is one of the most intriguing of your works. So many times I look at the paintings in the forum and wish there was a story that went with the picture. This sure is one of them. Well Done.

Katie, I like this a lot, just wish I had your wonderful imagination

Mushrooms..fairy houses..according to my grandmother if we destroyed them the faery would wreak havoc on our lives !

lovely pic
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Katie...what magic and mystery this casts on us... well done I love it!..

Katie...this is outstanding !! Love how you did the sun rays :-)
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thanks Geoff, you are very kind. The light was done in PSP as Artrage doesnt havent anything like it. Thanks again
    Dear Mr Akey, is always such a delight to read your comment as they always make me smile. Moulin Rouge is a fav of mine and have it on DVD, I had forgotten about that part of the film and I agree with your thoughts about the green fairy. Thanks again for your lovely comments
    Thanks Tanzenkran glad you enjoyed this one but she is illussive and hiding from you lol
    Bobbi, Pat, Moosie, Gary and Steve thank thank you so much, as always you are very kind
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307