ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Morning Light

Morning Light

Another impressionism, getting hooked on this lol...oil and knife
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morning Light.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	69656  

Great choice of palette and canvas...i like this one !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Pat you are really getting into this style and it seems to suit you very well.. nice colors and brush work...

Very impressionistic! Lovely colors!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Love the colours and the brushwork in the one, you really are on a roll Pat, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Well done Pat, love the colours and the brushwork, came out really well, must try oil sometime.
    Geoff

Very luscious, Pat! A color treat as everybody noted.

One thing I'll mention is her shoulder/neck transition is a little under-articulated. It looks a little steep into the head. And there's the challenge about how natural one wants to be with the anatomy.

One could fuss with the figure ala Pino in taking it that direction where part of it is rendered out more, where it polishes that which you want as a focal point. Or one could let it all get a similar treatment. You seem to be leaning toward a natural anatomy. So that's what you want to keep in play as you're working with this style. On the other hand, you could go abstract as well. Or a combination between the two. Just keeping the ideas floating to give you options as you go down this path.

There's so much good stuff going on here. Looking great. She has some of the character of the Muse in this colorful context.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thankyou my dear friends for your kind comments and so glad you like it
    DAkey, I see what you mean and have corrected it, thankyou so much for your input, always appreciated

... hi pat ... I'm catching up, I've been studying how to use emoticons (that one just got misplaced, hehe) ...

... have you any interest in Fauvism? ... you know, for example, the early paintings by Matisse, where he was daring enough to paint a green stripe down the center of his (otherwise lovely) wife's face? ... your bold handling of light and color in this painting seems to go a tad beyond impressionism ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Hi there chinapete, thanks for checking it out, I had never heard of Fauvism before now, but I have checked it out and see what you mean about
    colors, it was quite interesting to see the paintings and read about it on wikpedia, thanks for the info, maybe Im a little wierd