ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: how to comment out all the camera drag, zooms, tilts and panels

how to comment out all the camera drag, zooms, tilts and panels

Is there an easy way to comment out or turn off all the actions which effect the canvas' position during playback? I would like to create a clean static playback without the panels popping on and off or the painting moving around. I'm making a screen recording and just want to see the artwork evolve without any interface interactions. I was digging through the documentation and my script files but there is a lot of code there to go through and I am a bit lost. What are the key words or commands I should be searching for? Could someone please point me in the right direction.

cheers,

Sterling

There is a way to remove the zoom and rotations made throughout the script, but it requires editing the .arscript files coding directly. So you'll need to open the script in a text editor, and swap out the rotation and zoom calls. It's not as difficult, or time constraining, as it may sound, however. I've posted how to do it quickly using Notepad++ in this thread. As for having the panels clear out, you'll again need to edit the script directly, however you will not be able hide to the playback controls (because the user must be able to choose when to stop/play the script themselves). To do this, you'll first have to comment out, or delete any code lines that read as follows:
    Code:
    Wait: 0.000s    EvType: Command    CommandID: CID_SetClearCanvas    ParamType: flag    Value: { false }
    With that done, you'll then have to add the following line of code, to the very beginning of the script calls (Just after the first < Events > call):
    Code:
    Wait: 0.000s    EvType: Command    CommandID: CID_SetClearCanvas    ParamType: flag    Value: { true }
    For the Playback panel, the only real options you have, are moving it out the way somehow. Either dragging it to the bottom of your window, to minimize the space it takes up, or taking ArtRage out of its Full Screen mode, so that you put the Playback panel off to the side, and record only the Canvas area. Or, if you have access to two computer screens, you could put the panel on one screen, and record the canvas at full screen on the other.

I used these methods to record the video posted in this thread.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 08-20-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.