ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Virus

Virus

I saw that there are a number of Linux users here that are using this software and thought I would at least try out the demo version. Normally I only buy native Linux programs, ports are definatly second best imho.

Problem is that codeweaver reports that the install .exe contains a virus and refuses to execute it, which is a much safer way than windows does it, runs the program installs the virus and says 'oops' but what I want to check is does the program have a virus or not, if not then I will try another emulator to get it running.

If you downloaded the ArtRage 2 Free installer from Artrage.com it definitely does not have a virus. However if you got the installer from somewhere else it would definitely pay to do a virus scan before installing.

(Actually it pays to scan everything anyway!)
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Yes I d/l it from Artrage site, so I tried wine now and get error R6034 Application made an attemp to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Guess I have to do a bit more tinkering

Tinkerbell,

Could you post your linux distrubution, etc errors, etc in the linux forum string. I currently use ArtRage under Wine on Kubuntu. It works for me this way.

Mouse