ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: ArtRage for Android?

Gallery
    View images
    There isn't a selection tool in the Android version at this time. I'm not sure what you mean by blocks in the layers panel? Would it be possible to send a screenshot of your layers panel to support@artrage.com and we can look in to that.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    There isn't a selection tool in the Android version at this time. I'm not sure what you mean by blocks in the layers panel? Would it be possible to send a screenshot of your layers panel to and we can look in to that.
    Sorry, misspelled it! I meant transparency lock, paint lock etc, that we had in the PC version in the layers panel, the little padlock in one corner of layer thumbnail.

It's a pity about the selection tool, it's most useful. And I expected it, considering the android version was developed with S-pen in view which supports selection. Are there plans to add selection/transformation tools any time soon?

Gallery
    View images
    can anyone reply to my question ..is the note 12.2 lte version with snapdragon cpu goin to perform better than the exynos version.....surely someone in the artrage tech must know the answer ..as ive said I think artrage is cpu dependant so what do you guys think

Gallery
    View images

and more

Quote Originally Posted by Olga View Post
    Sorry, misspelled it! I meant transparency lock, paint lock etc, that we had in the PC version in the layers panel, the little padlock in one corner of layer thumbnail.

It's a pity about the selection tool, it's most useful. And I expected it, considering the android version was developed with S-pen in view which supports selection. Are there plans to add selection/transformation tools any time soon?
    Well, the selection tool is not the only thing, which is still missing. I could not find rulers or stencils eigher.

And it would be a good feature, if it would be possible to move the layers panel to another position when it is sticky. There is
    enough space at the right side above the color palett. Yes, I know it fades out when I paint at the layer panel position, but it
    comes back and covers what I just have painted. As I work a lot with layers it is really slowing me down when I always have
    to open the panel for every layer change...
    Last edited by narf; 12-01-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

Gallery
    View images
    Our mobile versions don't contain all of the features of the desktop application. Stencils and Rulers use lots of memory and processing power and are unsuitable for mobile platforms at this time. That may change in the future but at the moment they're not available in the app.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by tray271 View Post
    can anyone reply to my question ..is the note 12.2 lte version with snapdragon cpu goin to perform better than the exynos version.....surely someone in the artrage tech must know the answer ..as ive said I think artrage is cpu dependant so what do you guys think
    We haven't tried the Exynos version but the product itself shouldn't care either way. ArtRage likes faster CPUs, but we also do threading in our tools so there's a chance the Exynos would perform better at a lower clock speed. However - Threading on Android is a tricky thing and I'd personally look more for raw CPU power.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Our mobile versions don't contain all of the features of the desktop application. Stencils and Rulers use lots of memory and processing power and are unsuitable for mobile platforms at this time. That may change in the future but at the moment they're not available in the app.
    Matt, I think we all understand that mobile version may have somewhat reduced functionality, but! I can do without rulers and stencils but I can not possibly without either the selection lasso tool or transparency lock - at least one of them is necessary for more or less comfortable colouring. Move/transformation tool is a must as well, if only a basic one. Absence of those is rather surprising, most graphic apps have long had these features.
    Frankly, the state it is now, as much as I love the Artrage brushes and the way paint looks and the whole concept of it, I see no use of the Android version other than vague sketching. I will have to import line art from another program (because I can't scale or move anything in AR) and even then colouring will be a messy job wihout transparency/paint lock and/or selection tools.
    I love Artrage, use it much more often than other programs and I really was looking forward to be able to use it with my tablet as well, when away from home. I'm kinda disappointed now. I hope for quick update to deliver the missing bits

Gallery
    View images
    a good video showing artrage on Samsung note 12.2 ..this I thought is what people would be posting ..its helps with seeing is there any lag ..the guy is using exynos ..I think it will run faster on lte model ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWAXY9nyen0

Gallery
    View images

Thumbs up Galaxy Tablet

Samsung Galaxy Tab S - tablet - Android 4.4 (KitKat) - 16 GB - 8.4" - 3G, 4G - Works like a charm!!!