ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Clark Kent …Baseball Player

Clark Kent …Baseball Player

Hi everyone, this ArtRage painting was inspired by an episode from the radio program “Adventures of Superman” in which news reporter Clark Kent changes his name to Bud Smith and joins a baseball team.

He is seen here hitching a ride to Metropolis Stadium with Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen ...and they are having second thoughts about Bud Smith's true identity.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clark Kent the Movie.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	367.8 KB 
ID:	69563
    Last edited by Rey Marz; 08-17-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Sorry cannot bring up your image, try uploading it straight to the forum.
    Geoff

Yeah, it makes it much easier to have the pic open when opening the thread. So lets have a look. The title's intriguing.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh I didn't realize the picture wasn't there! I remember using the "Basic Uploader" option, but there must've been an error somewhere. Hopefully the picture is there now, thanks for the heads-up!

This is great Rey, I really like it and a pleasure to view, love to see more

I like it, something a little different about.
    Geoff

Very funny. Love the thought bubble with her fantasizing him being a mild mannered reporter from a great metropolitan newspaper rather than someone regularly showing his manly physical prowess and/or boyish delight in playing ball.

Ladies, it's a guy thing (sometimes). Guys, it's a wife's thing (sometimes).
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks, glad you like it guys! So true, D Akey. And much credit should go to the Superman radio show (free to listen to on archive.org); it really helped me visualize the characters.

I ended up animating a short clip from the radio show (using the “layers” feature in ArtRage and then importing jpegs into iMovie), a learning experience for sure, but a super fun project to do.

This is so cute! Love those old radio shows like "Vic and Sade" and many others. I'll have to give Superman a try. Good job!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thanks! Yeah, the Superman radio show is one of my favorites; Batman and Robin even made a few guest appearances, which was always fun. I hadn't heard of "Vic and Sade" though, sounds really good! : )
    Last edited by Rey Marz; 08-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.