ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sept 1 Special Issue of ArtRageUS Magazine Announcement

Exclamation Sept 1 Special Issue of ArtRageUS Magazine Announcement

Hi all you Ragers

The http://www.artrageus.net website has had a makeover (finally)....check it out and let me know what you seriously think (good/bad/???) improvements can be made for sure. You can now post a comment on the site with just a name and message.....no email address or anything... so keep in touch and let me know what you think of the new look or any ideas and such.

This is the official Announcement for the next special Issue of ArtRageUS Magazine September 1 2012

Well we have some new ragers too that can join in. All submissions must be emailed to me at bobbyray42@gmail.com
    by August 29th deadline
    so I will only have 2 days to put it all together.This will be only painting and no texts.

The theme is animals/pets or creatures (real or ?)

Get your digital painting going if you have not already done so.

Please Name your image: (your AR forum screen name) or your Real Name with a TITLE ie: BobbyraySpacerocks.jpg or it will not be accepted due to a busy workload I will have. Any user of Artrage can submit one painting.

All Ragers can participate on any level or device app, forum member or not.... so all Ragers have the opportunity to submit and get published in our Mag. We have two weeks from this posting. So, get crackin and Painting, enjoy the Rage.

Thanks and see you soon guys!!!!

Bobbyray

Name:  ArtrageusSite8242012.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  58.5 KB
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 08-25-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Thumbs up Bump UP

Just a bump up the old thread.

Sent you mine, had it ready.
    Geoff

Got it

Thanks Limey-G

Got it and good to go. Nice one.....as usual. hehe

Thumbs up Alright!

Bobbyray, great to have you back in action! I have downloaded all the archived issues and read them over and over. They are a real treasure! Hope you will tell us all about your sailing adventure as well in the next edition.
    I do have some comments about the new website look, though. The splash page reminds me of some of the rules from this guy, http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/ chief among them being , do not confuse your visitor with 'mystery meat' by throwing everything at them at the first look. I know how to value what's at the new website, because of browsing the previous one, but I think a new AR user will be confused and frustrated navigating the splash page. Instead of looking like a 'but wait, there's more' offer, I would prefer an understated keymap of 3-4 choices. More like this, http://www.annsacks.com/home.jsp I prefer a very clean splash page, but that's just my opinion.

I am a brand new user of ArtRage, having bought the Wacom Bamboo bundled with ARStudio and am eager to become a digital artist, especially as it solves my biggest beef with oil painting, toxic materials and clean-up.

Very happy to see you back in action. Thanks for your and all the volunteers hard work.

P.S. I would like to see a section on how artists are making a living with their artwork.

Aloha, Guy

Hi

Hi Maddog,

Thanks for the input.....I do appreciate it. I am still working on the website. I do not have a splash page though, if I understand what that actually is, hehe. I only have the index page with other linked pages. I am trying to redo all the graphic images for a faster loading time as it is totally graphic intense. I am not am pro (html) webmaster and am forced to use a drag and drop website builder program.

If there is anyone, (as I have asked many times) that wants to help with it, please contact me.

Also, I am only making an Special Issue every 3 months now by myself. I will do what I can with it but the time involved to make it big is too much for me. My time is spent out looking for a paying job to survive these days. That takes most of my days.... doh.

All I can do is what I can do....hehe so is life hu?

Thanks again for letting me know and I am happy that you enjoy the magazines, past and future.... I don't get many comments on that either. I did spend 2 years making a huge sacrifice daily to put the mag out and it took my personal life with it. Wo. Not complaining....but a reality I voluntarily created... hehe I enjoy doing it but I do have to survive. I am retired so to say with medical problems without any income except what I can make daily. Sad, hu. Things are getting tougher here to find any work at all so I have to just keep out there and on it.

I hope things get better but here in the Islands it is off season and Hurricane season as well till Dec. We just had 2 storms pass and we lucked out. Whew. A little scary when you live on a sailboat.

Bobbyray

Mines on its way to you Bobbyray hope its ok. By the way the site is great and so very easy to navigate, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

HI

HI Katie

Wow nice one....got it and thanks much for making a submission.,,, as usual a true rager you are.

I am Glad that you find the website better......thanks

See ya in the mag..... Sept 1 2012 ArtRageUS Isn't it.

BRAY
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 08-26-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks for all your work Bobby Ray it's much appreciated even if we don't always tell you, it can't be easy to get the magazine running on your own without volunteers. The new website looks brilliant it's so easy to navigate even for me, Thank you.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/