ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Air Display / iPad retina

Air Display / iPad retina

When I fire up the iPad retina with desktop AR Studio Pro via Air Display in mirror mode, a message appears: The color scheme has been changed to Windows Basic 7 ...
    Since I have been trying to synchronize the color schemes on the iPad and the desktop, this message (from Windows) looks promising ...

Does it mean there is some sort of mapping going on, and if so, can I as an AR user leverage that mapping? ...
    Even with Air Display up and running in mirror mode, I continue to see a difference in color on the iPad and the desktop monitor, and would like to narrow the gap, or eliminate it ...

ps: the calibration for touch on the new iPad running Air Display is off considerably -- this wasn't an issue with the iPad 2 ...
    note: attaching image of Nomad Brush position relative to cross-hair cursor at initial brushstroke (somewhere south of the brush) ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 08-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

The calibration issue may be because the pixel density on the iPad has been updated with the new display and your copy of Air Display isn't taking that in to account if it's just passing screen coordinates to the desktop computer. Unfortunately we can't really help because ArtRage isn't interacting with this system in any way. I'd suggest talking to customer support for Air Display, they may be able to help with any problems you're experiencing.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks, Matt ... I deselected "Use Retina resolutions when available" -- a new item in the Air Display options menu -- and the calibration problem went away ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio