ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR on Win8 OK, but when on the Store?

AR on Win8 OK, but when on the Store?

Hi ARTRagers,
    I'm finally running AR on the final version (RTM) of Win8 and is working fine (actually it was working fine since the Customer Preview ).

So it's time to have the SW available on the Store.
    It's planned? if YES when?

Thanks in advance,
    Matteo
    Powered by Win8 x64 !!! - AR Studio Pro 3.x - Wacom Bamboo M Special Edition

Win8 store apps have to be Windows Metro compliant which means rewriting a large portion of the application. While we're looking in to this at the moment we're not sure when it might be done or if we will be putting the full version of the application up there as opposed to a version designed more for tablet devices (like our iPad version).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Lightbulb Pure power

Ummm why not release the (not)Metro version as the full version retooled for the (not)Metro interface?? These new win8 tablets are tons more freaking powerful then most tablets up till now and they will only be getting more powerful. By starting at full capacity now everyone can have awesome ArtRage abilities from the start ^_^

To get the app in to the store we would need to make it RT (what was termed Metro) compliant, which involves rewriting a significant chunk of the application. We're working on this currently but it's not an easy process, it really does involve rewriting the majority of our application backbone. Normal ArtRage purchased from our store will run on Windows 8, it just requires the standard desktop environment (so won't run on RT only machines).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks MattRage for the explaination. The company will provide me a Surface the beginning of 2013 so you have some time to prepare AR for the RT version. After looking at the latest post on FB regarding AR on Win8 / Sony VAIO Duo, I can't wait to play with it myself !