Thread: convert a picture into painting

convert a picture into painting

what's the quickest way to convert an image into painting?

Gallery
    View images
    Hi ChunkySalsa - I believe the best way in ArtRage is to load your picture as a tracing image, then click the little arrow at the bottom of the lower center roll up thingie and select " Apply tracing image as paint" (or similar wording) and there you are - a finished painting!
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Chunkysalsa, love ArtRage!!!, don't know if this is your question but i will tell you one way,,, one of the first things i discovered in AR was that it turns any picture into wet paint, i will try to attach one i just did for the experiment,took about half an hour total,,,, copied a picture from a seed catalog on the internet,,put it up on AR, had to enlarge the AR canvas as the picture was very tiny, maybe one and a half inches square,,,then, just go over the picture with the palet knife, in little or big strokes, however you want it to look,,i just use my ancient mouse and little strokes,,, for some strange reason, i have no idea how, the real picture is lost but still retains the feeling of what it once was,,,i imagine this would work on anything, landscapes, protraits,,,,, but i would consider it cheating to say it was an original painting or even a referal painting,,, but would be fun to turn family photos etc into the impression of a real painting,,,,hope this okays with the dear ArtRage folks,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Jvolkel,,, thanks in a round-about way for the information on the tracing layer and how to turn it into a painting,,, didn't know that before,,,technically challenged, ,,, signed 'old dog',,,,,,,,,,,

Gallery
    View images
    Hi ChunkySalsa,

the story I'm about to tell is the truth, I swear ................ I had been doing this for ages by clicking the mouse using chalk at it's lowest size after having increased the size of the painting to 2000 ................. can you imagine how long it took to do even the simplest image?
    Then, completely on his own account, my son Pierre who is four years old,loaded a tracing image of himself and sprayed it with glitter............the result is posted along with one I did with the glitter reduced to it's lowest size.................................it took me precisely 8 minutes start to finish!!!!

Best to you

Peter

Gallery
    View images
    Wow Peter, Haven't tried that yet but the results look great!
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Gallery
    View images
    Here's one of my band Aubrey Small rehearsing in 1971...............I'm trying to refine the technique