ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: No Eggs Today

No Eggs Today

The little robbers are far too late. The eggs have long since hatched.
    I hope you like it. This is a commissioned project, and I hope the person who hired me likes it as well....
    I do love fantasy, can't help myself, I had to add the angry birds and the little elves
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alexandra; 08-10-2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: typo

well done.. the birds and elves make the story charming and it is done with your usual high level of creative and artistic talent....I am sure whoever commissioned this will love it.

Splendid job Sandy. I'm sure your customer will love it.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Thats so cute Sandy, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Just adorable Sandy, they will love it, good job

This is adorable Sandy, I am sure your client will love it.
    Geoff

Gary, Mike, Katie, Pat, and Geoff, thank you so much! The person wanted three white birdhouses with a rainbow in the background. I thought I would make three different styles to chose from in the next few weeks.

alexandra ... just catching up ... there's great economy in the style here and overall the picture has a professional look ... you know, I hadn't really noticed the rainbow until you mentioned it in your last post ... plus is that a new avatar? ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Hi ChinaPete, thank you so very much. I am experimenting with various tones and top filters with this one as well. I am going to make two more styles. A posterized very simple geometrical design, and a watercolor relaxed and more realistic setting. I think this person is very traditional, so I'd better work on something in this genre, but just in case I will go the extra mile and make the others. The kid in me just happened to jump out in this one as I love to paint birdhouses too. It was difficult for me to make them white though....I want to throw in vivid or earth tones.

It is a new avatar...but I am about to change it again-haha. I've just finished my California stamp and I used my brown eyed girl painting in the background of it. I think I will upload that painting once more as an avatar now that I have worked more on it too.
    I am behind on commenting too, and would like to say that I plan on commenting on your fine uploads. So beautiful, and to think you do these on the iphone?

... the variations you mention -- geometric design and watercolor -- already are present in this image and contribute substantially to its professional finish, the rainbow in particular has a touch of a wash ... btw, since your clients asked for a rainbow, they will see it right away in this version ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio