ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice... Draw with a mouse or I start with a wacom tablet?

Need advice... Draw with a mouse or I start with a wacom tablet?

Hiiii

I dont know how to draw and I will began my practices really in the next few days, I am very very good with the mouse and I know is not the same to use a wacom bamboo tablet than a mouse

what is your suggestion? (wacom bamboo is the beginer digi tablet I find in my country at a reasonable price)

thanks I know NOTHING of drawing but I have talent LOTS of it some teachers told me that

You are on a good start if you plan to practice every day. It has helped me to work with ArtRage once a day. If you like using your mouse, just use the mouse until you feel like you really need to try a Wacom tablet. I didn't buy a tablet until I'd been ArtRaging with a mouse for two years, because I was happy with just using a mouse. However, I don't "draw". I paint. If you like to draw with details, you might want a tablet right away.

I don't know if that helps you. Follow your heart while you make art, and find joy in it every day. If you can easily afford a tablet and you really want to try it, then buy it and have fun. If you prefer to use a mouse only, well, that's good, too-- it's what I've done for four years now.

I hope you will love ArtRage as much as I do.

Tablets were used in Art since ancient times. I never heard about old masters using mouse though. Of course these tablets changed a bit in computer era, but it's rather marginal difference under the hood, meaningless for the artist himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Strandy View Post
    Tablets were used in Art since ancient times. I never heard about old masters using mouse though. Of course these tablets changed a bit in computer era, but it's rather marginal difference under the hood, meaningless for the artist himself.
    I can just see Leonardo dipping a mouse into ink and using it! You'd get some intersesting marks though

Lulauruguay: I think if you can afford a Wacom Intuos, then get one and use it. It is far more versatile than a mouse.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Oh, dearest Ragers; please do not mock those of us who know the Way of The Mouse. It is a special skill. Many of us have acquired it over many years, before coming to ArtRage.

When I came to ArtRage, I wanted to just dive in and Rage. I wasn't ready to learn tablet skills until I had done everything I could with The Mouse. I have a lovely tablet now and use it for some drawing, but still prefer The Mouse.

To our new member I had only wanted to say this: that if she is comfortable with a mouse, that's a perfectly good start. A tablet is not an immediate "must have" in ArtRage-- that's the wonderful thing about ArtRage.

(If I was learning to use a tablet and ArtRage at the same time, it would have given me too many possibilities every time I had to ask, "what have I done wrong this time?")

Dear sueellen

My apologies. I did not intend to mock you or any other mouse user. Not at all.

My odd head was just enchanted by the idea of a renaissance artist using a mouse to paint with. Alive or dead I wondered? Would white ones be better than brown ones? Would you hold them by the tail and swish them over the canvas or maybe roll them along like Tom Kitten in a roly-poly pudding.

In peace

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

As one who still uses the mouse, I would just say, don't buy a tablet just because it's the thing to do. While I've never used one, I would imagine that painting is probably a little easier with one, but you can make very good paintings with a mouse.
    The talent is in your head, not in the tool.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Although I use a tablet myself, I always used to use a mouse very effectively and from experience I would say stick to the mouse until you have a handle on Artrage and then much later go over to a tablet as your skills develop.
    Geoff

Tablets the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    Dear sueellen

My apologies. I did not intend to mock you or any other mouse user. Not at all.

My odd head was just enchanted by the idea of a renaissance artist using a mouse to paint with. Alive or dead I wondered? Would white ones be better than brown ones? Would you hold them by the tail and swish them over the canvas or maybe roll them along like Tom Kitten in a roly-poly pudding.

In peace

Brett
    An irresistible image, too. There is a "new" portrait of Da Vinci with a little white dog in his lap, that, because you have shared your whimsical imagination, I will now always see as a little white basket full of little white mice who are struggling with their tiny painty-paws to climb out.

Thank you, Brett;

Sue Ellen