Thread: Alexa's Artrage Collection.

The Apples of Autumn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apples_autumn.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	69705

My favorite season is almost here!

The mix of late summer warmness and the cool promise of winter make it the season I feel more creative in... Summer is the worst; I do less and with less enthusiasm... must be the heat.

I rarely use vertical compositions, but it felt right for this illustration... I hope you like it!

Also, I'm really starting to feel the lack of brushes, hopefully later verisons of Artrage will address this...

If you do a little exploration, you might find there are people who have posted their own brushes (I think. . . ) But you do so much with what you have.

By the way, the program is also designed to be very portable between Photoshop/Gimp and ArtRage including keeping the layers intact from one to the next. So if there is something in that program that you like using, it expands the range of possibilities. I must confess I haven't been doing much art for a long time so I can't give you particulars beyond that. Somebody might though. I think Misterpaint (mister paint?) was one for posting lots of cool extras. And there are others who are into all that angle.

This is another very cool painting. I would expect to see this on the walls at Taffy Lewis', owing to the forbidden fruit apple theme and the slippery slope.

I love your warm colors and your strong mark making. Brava!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Tricia, the tooth fairy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tooth_fairy_patricia.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	70711

Several schoolmates have inquired about the software I use to make illustrations, and after I show them my tools, all have agreed that Artrage seems to be the most fun and accesible of the lot. They can even buy it on Steamworks now!

I still haven't decided if she's in costume or a real fairy... This one turned out well, I think, so I was considering using it for my bussiness cards (would it be legit for a student to have bussines cards?).

I've also noticed I tend to paint people with dark hair, definitely I need to make more readheads and blondes.

I hope you like it!
    Last edited by Alexa; 10-14-2012 at 08:07 AM.

You're a really masterful illustrator! Your works are spectacular and show great personality and a fantastic style. Bravissima!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Alexa, these are fantastic illustrations, I dont see why you cant have your own business cards, just check around to make sure

Thanks Caesar and Pat, I do try to make things as best as I can... I also belive the forum offers everyone an equal chance to learn and improve and I'm glad we all get to experience this era of digital art... we're comrades in arms!