Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexa's Artrage Collection.

Nice painting and unique perspective. I like this very much!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

This would make a terrific cover of a storybook called The advebtures of a beach ball. Love it and welcome Alexa to a great forum
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you all for your kind comments, I'm glad you liked it!

Replicant Cow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replicant_cow.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	69527

I hope you've seen Blade Runner, otherwise the illustration won't make any sense...

That's one of my favorite movies; I often play it in the background while I get some work done... Hopefully they will re-release it in cinemas so I can see it as my dad experienced it... those of you who did see it in a proper movie theater, I envy you.

Love your replicant cow
    Background recalls the film very well.
    It's also one of my favorite movies.
    I was lucky to see the first version, the one with the voice-over by Harrison Ford (I think it is no more available).
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Was a great movie. Funny, but I also would run it in the background while I was illustrating.

When I was in art school or just out of it (can't recall that detail), I saw it on the biggest screen, bigger than the original IMAX. It was a clean copy so no scratches. And the theater was nearly empty which was a pity for the theater owners, but GREAT and MEMORABLE for me. It will always be in my top 5 movies.

As much as I liked Star Wars for the scope, I liked this one for the deep richness of the world they created, Ridley Scott's vision, Sid Mead designs, and the use of that great music by Vangelis, the sound effects patina, and all the rest. The details were out of this world, though not off-world. And of course, the casting and acting could not have been better. And let us not forget Philip K Dick for the original idea. I dare say that the screenplay played better for me though in context. The source story was good, but the movie was brilliant.

I think that movie was the high water mark for most of those people and they never quite hit that level again (in my humble opinion). And much of that was largely owing to having seen that movie in that theater. It was perfection. Thanks for bringing it up.

And your illustration is very cool! I love your bright spin entering the heavy tone of a fairly dark source vision. You really know how to make an entrance! Hahah. I loved the line from the movie, "If you could only see what I've seen with your eyes. . ." Well, because you're an artist, I can!

Beautiful work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey, many thanks for the absolutely cool memory of the film you have shared, I will file it along my dad's and hopefully sometime down the line it will get a re-release in cinemas!... What I enjoy the most is the "noir" atmosphere it creates and its ability to pull you into the world.

My favorite line, strangely, doesn't come from any of the main cast characters, rather, it's the announcer at the club saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, Taffey Lewis presents Miss Salome and the snake. Watch her take pleasure from the serpent that once corrupted man", followed by that kooky music... Man, that must be completely wrong to watch!

Spectacular work! Isn't AR fun, challenging, and oh so rewarding?

Love your latest painting Alexa, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307