ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Marilyn Monroe, 50 Years On...

Marilyn Monroe, 50 Years On...

...since she died. I was a kid. I had an old Calendar of her on the inside of my closet door, and Playboy's first issue under the mattress. TODAY, if she had lived, she would now be a Grandmother in her 80's. Things change.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50 Years On.jpg 
Views:	9244 
Size:	476.6 KB 
ID:	69246
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

What a great idea Skylar. 80, and still looking great!
    Clearly Marilyn was beautiful, and built well, but so were a lot of glamour girls in that time. Not sure how you describe it, but there was something different about her that made her special.

Great painting!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Nicely done Skylar, I think personally I like to remember her as she was in her peak.
    A very nice painting though.
    Geoff

Nice painting and nice concept, Skylar. Interesting take on projecting how her life would have gone, still with that pained look, almost like a sentence to a life of pain.

Personally, being the ridiculous optimist that I am, I would have projected that were she to make 80 y/o, she would have come to a happier place = many more years to grow inside as the dynamics of her life shifted with age. It's an interesting bargain that she struck with the world early on. Everybody wanted to feed from her life force it seems. She was dazzling. One of my tip top all time favorites on the screen. She was mesmerizing.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

And still lookin soooooo fine !! A wonderfully imaginative painting
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.