ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPad 1.4.4 build updates.

Exclamation iPad 1.4.4 build updates.

Just a couple of quick notes regarding the 1.4.4 update:

Update: The new version ( 1.4.5 ) which should resolve these problems is now available for download. You can check your version by going to Help and looking at the top right of the first help page.

Undo:

We've located the cause of a bug that can prevent Undo working properly when new strokes are started before previous strokes are fully complete. We expect to upload a fix for this shortly. In the meantime, when using a tool that has to complete stokes after the finger is raised from the stylus due to speed, pausing for a brief moment before starting a new stroke should avoid the Undo problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Music:

Support for the Adonit Jot Touch stylus causes the iPad's Music player to stop playing whenever the app has to detect whether the stylus is present (when it launches or returns from the background). We have added a settings option to turn off Bluetooth Stylus Detection (Off by default) to the next update so the problem should be resolved. When the update is released, users of the Jot will need to turn detection on in the iOS Settings app under ArtRage to use the pressure feature of the stylus.

Persistency:

Shutting down the app from the multitasking bar causes it to forget current settings. This is resolved in 1.4.5 due soon.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Fuzzy Streaks Problem

Besides the undo problem I have been getting fuzzy streaks in odd places that won't go away. It seems to happen mostly when using the knife tool on fuzzy settings like trying to get frost or chaos. It destroys the painting because it won't undo. I have tried to just paint over the streaks but I have also gotten black out crashes. I rebooted my IPad and still have the problem. Perhaps someone else is also experiencing this difficulty. Any help? Thanks, Marilyn Anne. PS. Putting my two fingers on the surface to move the painting seems to be a catalyst for this to happen.

This is caused by the same undo problem and should be resolved with the 1.4.5 update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you Matt

I can certainly wait. Thanks for the answer. Marilyn