ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cityscape la A. Castagnet

Cityscape la A. Castagnet

Another attempt to grasp A. Castagnet watercolor approach from another painting of him of an urban scene which has to be seen from far enough (or squinting the eyes, if You're in Your den as Cartuneman )

I used two layers here. The upper one watercolor blending. Wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, blending knife (hard with some loading in several final touches, soft and wet).

It's again a sort of impression fixing, with tonal and/ or chromatic contrast by large areas.
    Not really impressionistic therefore, more like the macchiaioli or, even more, the last Tiziano (Titien) I'd say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cityscape WC.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	69165  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I really like it

I like the watercolor effects. The misty rainy look. Very nice!

Nice Watercolor

Looks very wet. Lovely colors. I saved a copy to put on my computer desktop.

favoloso!!!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

I like this Caesar a typical wet day that you have captured here.
    Geoff

you definitely have an affinity for Alvaro's style

Caesar, this is really a gorgeous painting, while it has a nodding glance to A.C's style it still shows your hand... really excellent work.. I am glad you did not stop at the first effort... I went to YouTube and found some video's by him showing him actually painting.. really great stuff.. It would be a blast to take a W/C class with him..

Caesar, what a fantastic painting, it is beautiful and love the glare on the wet road and all around rainy feeling, great, great work

Thank You, dear Marilyn Ann! The misty rainy look of this subject is just perfect for watercolor wet on wet as well as for quite a few other ones, including flowers You like so much to paint.

I'm honored by Your choice of this painting as Your desktop screensaver, dear Tanzenkran. Thank You!

Grazie, cara Silvia! Non di rado il tempo piovoso, quando il cielo si apre un po' quantomeno, pu dare visioni e sensazioni magiche.

Thank You, dear Geoff. I think our resident British mates have a great advantage on me when it comes at painting wet days, in summer too apparently.

Dear Gary, maybe being both Latin, we consider the importance of techniques and procedures, but not as an absolute totem. So, eventually, we tend to keep some simple and personal built-in skills we may authomatically recall and get rid of their constraints as soon as we find some sort of creative fire, some surprise etc. in the process which make us see all much more intuitively, the picture as a whole, whilst we start finding any pedantic or accurate sequence of actions too boring. Therefore I followed A. Castagnet essentially phylosophical advices, thus I didn't focus on technique or painting reproduction (quite hard anyway with AR watercolors to get all the real effects), rather on emulating his painting spontaneously, freshly, following my attitude and natural flow in few words. It substantially paid off I think, even departing quite a lot for a more realistic interpretation and accepting some less satisfactory parts here and there. Thank You!

Dear Pat, as you can see, through A. Castagnet approach I stipulated an armistice with AR watercolors and I got some benefit ... Thank You!

Fantastic painting Cesare
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you, dear Katie! I guess you know what a rainy and wet weather means even better than I do ...