ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Gallery

Gallery
    View images

Gallery

This is sort of a request

I can make nice paintings but often I don't feel like it, and I only want to have fun. And it is fun to get comments. But it is really embarrassing to put my fun pictures amongst all of the good art and probably the good artists scorn it, too, espcecilally since they know I can make nicer things.

I wonder if you could add an extra place in the forum especially for just-having-fun-not-serious-art pictures? Please?

Gallery
    View images
    The current gallery is a catch-all for all types of work. *Everything* I've ever created is "just for fun" because I'm not a "serious" artist; whether I could make something "really nice" or not is moot. The gallery's the place for it. If you don't want feedback on a particular piece, just say so in your post. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. My own stuff is a perfect invitation for scorn, but this community is too nice for it, so you don't need to worry about that.

Further, one might argue that if one doesn't want feedback on a piece, a community forum might not be the best place for it. You might want to just post it to a forum that lets you enable/disable comments (not sure if deviantART does that or not).

Gallery
    View images
    The thing is that in doing so you're telling people how to react.
    That's a level of control for an artist just a wee bit beyond what you might fairly expect from a worldwide venue.

Maybe you could create for yourself a 'by invitation only' place somewhere for your stuff and invite people of similar sensibilities.

Or you might find keeping a private journal or diary valuable? I would doubtless be embarrassed if someone were to publish or even read mine.

Joy is the operative emotion here. Practice it and it'll become second nature.

Gallery
    View images
    But I want comments. That is why I post here :roll:

I just don't want to be bad, that;s all

Gallery
    View images
    If you want to know the full range of comments, try a few years of marriage.

:lol:

After that we can talk.

By the way, I loved your last performance a few months back. Consistent!

Nice paintings too.

Gallery
    View images
    Little_Artist, you worry too much. Just enjoy yourself. =)

Gallery
    View images
    hey just paint.... what is good or bad...it's always a decision of the viewer... and if you paint your feelings (harder to do than to write) you get lucky....

head up...

maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Gallery
    View images
    Remember, when you get a comment, whether it's positive, negative, indifferent, or something else, it's what *someone else* is saying not you, as the artist. It ultimately speaks more about the work means to them, and if it was fun for you, then to clarify, leave a note describing the context to help with the interpretation. )

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Little Artist,,, cool it! i imagine that you know what offends and what pleases,,, being older than dirt, i have yet to stop loving to draw and paint and scribble and be amazed at the great creativity here and everywhere,,, also i am so old that i know i will never ever attain the professionality of the artist here, but that won't stop me, no sir, if they take away ArtRage i will find some mud to draw in,yes, i get discouraged too, but that urge to draw never goes away,,,,,,just do it,