ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pop-Up Color Picker

Pop-Up Color Picker

I'm new, so if this is obvious, please forgive me. I'm looking for how to get the POP-UP COLOR PICKER. It is the one that is shown in HELP. It has a horseshoe shape with a diamond in the center and two circles below. No matter what I try, I come up with a square that has the color on the left and adjustments on the right. The horseshoe seems so much better. Thank you.

Look on the left side where the tools are... you should see an eye dropper.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Ctrl + Alt + Right click= floating color wheel. It makes a Color Wheel appear at the tip of your pen or cursor, from which you can select your color. Is this what you're looking for?
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately neither one worked. I have a mac if that's of any help.

Hi JanP,
    On Macs the keyboard combination is Option⌥+Command⌘+LeftMouseButton or Option⌥+Command⌘+touching the pen nib to the tablet if that's what you are using. Holding down the shift key once the picker is visible will prevent it changing colour as you move around it.
    Last edited by markw; 08-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Wow! I didn't know about that option-command click for the mac. Excellent. Thanks!!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Thank you for your help. As for my original question - although I couldn't get the pop-up color picker to work, I did find another picker that works for me. The (Color Tint/Tone Picker) from the color option in tools gives me what I want. I do realize that any new program requires time and practice.