ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: MacOSX Mountain Lion

MacOSX Mountain Lion

FYI to anyone interested, I have upgraded to Mountain Lion and ArtRage Studio Pro (v3.5.4) is running perfectly with the Gatekeeper turned off of course Cool!

Brett
    Last edited by hypotaxis; 07-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Thanks for the update, glad to know that our favourite program still works well.
    How long did your download take, the last time I upgraded I had to wait for it to come out on usb drive as I live rural but technology improves even for us on the farm and I now have 11 meg download so I should be able to manage it this time.
    Geoff

I was very impressed, LimeyG. This was my first OSX update since I gave up windows four(?) years ago. The whole process took about an hour and a half including downloading MacOSX. I didn't have to re-install one piece of software, and my data was all safe (I did have everything backed up!). With windows to get to that stage would have taken three days.

The only snag I hit was that there is no X11 in Mountain Lion, so Inkscape wouldn't run (and nor will the GIMP if you use it) but all I had to do was download XQuartz and everything was fine with Inkscape. It is a complete mystery to me why there is no good Mac native vector drawing programme (like Xara). Illustrator is a nightmare as far as I am concerned. I love Photoshop CS5, but the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite - meh! :-)

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I've downloaded and installed Mountain Lion and also have updated ArtRage to 3.5.5. Mostly, all is well. As far as vector programs, yeah, it's not that good for Mac's. The best I have out of 3 is iDraw. Only because it has smoothing adjustment for the pencil. I use that alot. Otherwise I would have said Artboard.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Yes, I use Artboard. It's OK, but that's all it is. Mind you my touchstone is Xara which is superb. The UI in Artboard is clumsy and overly "clever", I think. Inkscape is good but development is slow unfortunately.

I should have added that as far as Adobe is concerned InDesign is also very good, but for my unsophisticated needs Swift Publisher is all I need and if on occasion I do need more I can use Scribus.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========