ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lombardia President - A couple of political vignettes

Lombardia President - A couple of political vignettes

Hard to explain in English all the jokes and the puns, anyway I played with his name (sounding similar to ants and the sixth commandment), his claimed chastity, his Catholic intitutions connections, his reception of a legal notice by judges (in the vignette where he's standing in front of the Decalogue, he's got in his pocket the summons for the Final Judment), his holidays paid by a tycoon in connection with the ant and the cicada tale etc.
    Anyway I hope You may appreciate the vignettes the same. In the first one (playing the guitar) I used some on-line pictures to keep checking likeness, in the second I went on referenceless.
    Just pencil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Formiche e Formigoni.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	68945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comandamenti.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	68946  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I know nothing about the subject of the sketches but you did a fine job on the illustrations
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Very well Sketched Caesar, no idea on the wording but i really like the drawings.
    Geoff

LOL... Excellent Caesar. While I don't know much about the subject, the fact that he's a politician is enough to make this very amusing.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Thank You, dear Steve! Apart from a particularly high reluctance to resign, a few other specific vices and their low quality and competence average, i think politicians are very much similar all over ...

Dear Geoff, hard to convey all the various submessages, even translating, unless You've got some Italian friend (quite easy in Toronto). There are several jokes, but as for the pun I played with formiche (ants), fornicare (to fornicate) and his name Roberto Formigoni. I guess You know of the fable with morals The Cicada and the Ant, You noticed the Decalogue, You saw the call letter for the Final Judgement. Be also informed that he never married and claimed to have kept chast for religious reasons and that he had super holidays payed by a rich friend dealing with hospitals and health business in the region, lombardia, where Formigoni is President. Now You have all the elements to almost enjoy it even in Italian. Thank You!

Exactly, dear Barnburner! Stories may change, but essence seem quite common. Anyway You may find some additional elements in my explanation to Geoff hereabove. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra! Drawing is something I master decently after so many decades of excercise. I'm glad I got even a little more effective with caricatures too recently.