ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage ultramobile tablet

Gallery
    View images

Artrage ultramobile tablet

Just saw the topic on the frontpage that Artrage for the ultramobile PC has been released. What a joy!

Because, as you might have read on the techincal forum I was going to order a tablet PC.. And guess what - I just got it.

Though I did end up buying the HP TC4400 instead of the Asus, and boy it's a nice tablet!

Now, I was going to buy a second Artrage for my portable, but now I just want to know if you guys would recommend getting the ultramobile version or get the normal version. Technically the HP should go under the ultramobile category, but... Yeah, I'm in doubt.
    I have ofcourse read the webpages, but I'm still not quite sure which version would be the better for me and my tablet....

thanks,
    Peter

ps. congrats on getting another great (I have no doubt) release out the door...
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    The UltraMobile PC version of ArtRage is just a UI change (and minor work-flow changes) to ArtRage 2.2
    If you have a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or larger and have a stylus and tablet pc that support 'hover', I'd recommend you get the standard ArtRage 2.2 Full version.
    If you have a mobile PC device around the 800 x 480 screen resolution, and a stylus (or fingers!) that dont support 'hover' (also known as proximity or rollover) then you're better off with the UMPC version.

In terms of functionality ArtRage for UMPC is identical to ArtRage 2.2 Full version.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for clearing that up, Andy.

Most of the 12,1" tabletPCs have a native resolution of 1024*768 and so does the HP TC4400. I think I'll stick with the standard then.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com