ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help with brushes

Help with brushes

hi all

I have a Digital Arts CD and it has photoshop brushes on it that I would like very much to use in Art Rage. Can some one tell me if it is possible to load them into Art Rage? I copied them into a folder on my hard drive as I don't have Photoshop so I'd love to be able to use them.

Thanks so much! BTW. I'd need step by step instructions in order to do it!!

Karen

Here is a video tutorial I made, showing how to import .abr files (which are Photoshop brush files).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quick response and one more related question!

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Here is a video tutorial I made, showing how to import .abr files (which are Photoshop brush files).
    Thank you so much for the quick reply!
    I would like to know if there is anyway to use these brushes in our iPad version of Art Rage?!

Again thanks very much!

Hi Karen,
    At this time the IPAD ArtRage version does not support .abr files or the Sticker Spray category which is required to use this type of brush in ArtRage

Maybe some day

Karen

Follow up to original question.

Thanks to the video which was recommended to me, I was able to load some of the ps brushes into art rage. My problem now is that some of the brushes seem to be tied to opening a program( essentials) in order to use the brushes. Why would this be happening? Since they are ps brushes why should this other program be popping up? I really want to use these. They are can brushes!!

Thanks to all for the help!

KmC

Correction

They are fan brushes!!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say they are tied to another program. Can you let us know what you're doing step by step and when the program launches? Is it painter essentials or something else? What is a full filename of one of the brush files you're trying to import? ( right click it, go to properties in Windows, or select it in the Finder and choose 'get info' in OS X )

Photoshop brushes are .abr files. Tney can be imported to ArtRage by selecting the sticker spray, then opening the presets panel, opening the menu via the button in the panel and choosing 'import Photoshop brush' then browsing to an .abr file and choosing to open it. Double clicking is not required. If you double click any file in Windows or OS X then it will open whatever program is associated with that filetype, which might be what you're seeing there.

There are multiple standards for Photoshop brushes, so it will depend on whether they are compatible or not as to whether ArtRage can open and use them.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say they are tied to another program. Can you let us know what you're doing step by step and when the program launches? Is it painter essentials or something else? What is a full filename of one of the brush files you're trying to import? ( right click it, go to properties in Windows, or select it in the Finder and choose 'get info' in OS X )

Photoshop brushes are .abr files. Tney can be imported to ArtRage by selecting the sticker spray, then opening the presets panel, opening the menu via the button in the panel and choosing 'import Photoshop brush' then browsing to an .abr file and choosing to open it. Double clicking is not required. If you double click any file in Windows or OS X then it will open whatever program is associated with that filetype, which might be what you're seeing there.

There are multiple standards for Photoshop brushes, so it will depend on whether they are compatible or not as to whether ArtRage can open and use them.
    But karenmarchant replied to my post, asking how to do it with the iPad. That still isn't possible, is it?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Regarding the iPad, you can't import Photoshop brushes to that version, that's correct.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

The double click!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post

D Ave. thanks so much. I was double clicking and it was bringing up Painter Essentials!

You were so kind to help me and I appreciate it very much!

Karen