Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartunemans gallery

Sky Pirates whip

hi all. Sorry haven't been around. I have some good news and some not so good news ....I had a heart attack and have been on the mend. It is and has been a life changing event to say the least. But I am home Recouping. The good news is, There is an international digital art magazine that recognized my art in their on line internet division and awarded me the Image of the day. You can view it here: http://bit.ly/ifx-iotd21 It is exciting to me ...thanks so much to Art Rage!!! It has been such a boon to my art and to the industry.
    so Other than that i wanted to share a piece with you that I am currently working on. I call this "Sky Pirates" I hope you like it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sky pirate bg copy 3.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	72352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smaller ship .jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	72353

I'm currently working on Characters and a photon deck Cannon in the forward ship deck. this has been fun

Absolutely gorgeous paintings, all of them!
    Last edited by copespeak; 01-20-2013 at 10:03 AM.

thank you, copespeak

Had a wonderful time scrolling through your beautiful paintings and thanks for keeping them in one thread they deserve to be seen time and time again

thanks Justjean

Good to hear you are on the mend. And great to see you producing amazing art like that. Congrats on being honored. Glad to hear you are alright. Be well!

thank you very Much Mr. Screenpainter!

I don't think this one would be called Sky Pirates 'whip'. . . more like Sky Pirates 'flog' or Sky Pirates 'cat-o-nine-tails'. I mean, Har?

Shocking news about the health thing. From painting all them thar call girls, I reckon. . . which paintings I quite miss by the way. . .

You need to take care, my friend. I don't know about you, but when I was painting on schedules, I didn't concern myself with health all that much. Would go out during the day to see clients and thus had to paint all night. It was easy to throw myself off pretty severely over time. Be kind to yourself and be in it for the long haul, that's what I learned. Of course you may already know that. But I surely don't want to hear about anything bad happening to ya.

Be well. Hope you're on the mend.

This is a pretty cool image by the way. Super color!

Oh, and that ImageFX piece is sensational! Really great. But that's one of the subjects that you have always excelled at - faces and subtleties of expression.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I am happy to read you are okay John. Beautiful work.

Wow John this is fantastic and I really love the colours.
    Hope that you are getting better and better with every day
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307