Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cartunemans gallery

Really sexy in a 1960s Italian movie sort of way -- those high couture classy dames, ya know. It's all in the Cleopatra eye makeup. Great pose. Sort of like a demure show girl if there is such a thing. Seems to me I've seen this one before. Did you do it some time back? Or is it just that you get into my head and paint what I've seen, hahaha. Nice juicy painting.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

And actually the lady in this last portrait seduced me, but that's probably not really such an unexpected scoop ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A paint I did this morning warming up for a couple commissions. hope you like it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cool June afternoon.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	86745  

She's a peach! Very atmospheric -- sort of that fog effect that they love to put on sentiment cards. . . only this lassie looks like she's slightly moving into the cartoon range -- like an action heroine for Heavy Metal or one of the ones where the babes look sexy. I half expect her to get a call to action and she'll burst into heroic aspect. . . and nobody suspects it's this demure flower who saves the day every time. She seems such a Southern belle frittering her thoughts away on cotillions and gentlemen callers. . . But nobody suspects the balance of power, of the fate, the very survival of the planet is soon to be determined. . . Tune in Next Time. . . When you hear her say, "Oh, pecan pie and molasses! . . .He loves me NOT?!?!?!?!? Why I oughta. . . "
    Last edited by D Akey; 06-08-2015 at 05:03 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    She's a peach! Very atmospheric -- sort of that fog effect that they love to put on sentiment cards. . . only this lassie looks like she's slightly moving into the cartoon range -- like an action heroine for Heavy Metal or one of the ones where the babes look sexy. I half expect her to get a call to action and she'll burst into heroic aspect. . . and nobody suspects it's this demure flower who saves the day every time. She seems such a Southern belle frittering her thoughts away on cotillions and gentlemen callers. . . But nobody suspects the balance of power, of the fate, the very survival of the planet is soon to be determined. . . Tune in Next Time. . . When you hear her say, "Oh, pecan pie and molasses! . . .He loves me NOT?!?!?!?!? Why I oughta. . . "
    Hahahaha Mr D. what an Eye for the flamboyant hahahaha Great story too I just painted it because it was June and a lot of women get married in June but this bride had run away to the seclusion of the willow by the pond, to ponder why she should marry, that was the story that ran through my mind. I like yours better.

Looking at your marvellous paintings I imagine that You live in a sort of fairy tales wood and this last wonderful and graceful one looks very much as a dream-like wedding photoshoot by some professional potographer indeed!

ahh shee looks amazing, love those little detail cloth, Btw how do you do those lens flair thing?? do you take it into Photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Fakepivot View Post
    ahh shee looks amazing, love those little detail cloth, Btw how do you do those lens flair thing?? do you take it into Photoshop?
    yes I do I love messing with lighting. it's like icing on the cake ....just a lil more eye candy sells the whole picture.

The Pin up artist

Hope you all like this one it was fun to do and I am going to put it up for sale in a few weeks print on canvas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pin up artist paint one.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	86825

I guess Your whole print run is already booked and sold out! LOL It will be a successful artpiece, I'm pretty sure. Excellent. I left a comment on the After 9 Section.