Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartunemans gallery

just adding to my gallery

some pics I posted in other threads Thought I'd add them here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Something I had to get out of my head 2 copy.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	86549 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classical.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	86550

Name:	horse and little girl.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	486.5 KB 
ID:	86551 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scenery 1 for candy shop train.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	86552

Name:	woman in red 1.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	86553

John, what beautiful paintings, always look forward to viewing your wonderful talent

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    John, what beautiful paintings, always look forward to viewing your wonderful talent
    thanks Pat. I'm glad you like to look at my stuff I've been looking at your work as well great paintings too. love the last one you just posted.!

Whow those are some awesome paintings..
    Awesome Gallery

I love your style. Nothing like painterly stuff to add a certain flair or swagger to the artist's presence. Love the idea of a girl wearing nothing but a lens flair. WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to say she bought it off the rack, but in this case the evidence points to be being on the rack.

There's something about some of the models you paint, they remind me of a long ago young lady I knew. It's as if she was a spirit, or a genie in a bottle, all Barbara Eden, surfacing again to say 'Hi. Remember me?' . . . And how.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Fakepivot View Post
    Whow those are some awesome paintings..
    Awesome Gallery
    Thank you . You are very welcome To visit my Gallery any day.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I love your style. Nothing like painterly stuff to add a certain flair or swagger to the artist's presence. Love the idea of a girl wearing nothing but a lens flair. WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to say she bought it off the rack, but in this case the evidence points to be being on the rack.

There's something about some of the models you paint, they remind me of a long ago young lady I knew. It's as if she was a spirit, or a genie in a bottle, all Barbara Eden, surfacing again to say 'Hi. Remember me?' . . . And how.

MR. "D" I love your comments you put so much life in your Replies. lol So do you have a concept of the woman from long ago? I could paint a special one for you.

Wow! What a great offer. But you are already doing that. She is in your paintings. Not the one I knew, but what she might have looked like some years later had I been around that long to see. Her older brother was my friend.

No photos exist. . . with me anyway. She just inhabits a place where the energy is clearer than the details. You have the coloring about right -- darkish hair, but not Katie Perry black, true blue eyes. . . And in those blue eyes could be found that special look of a future that alas never materialized. We were too young and the wheel turned too fast in those days for us. I hope she found happiness.

Have you not ever experienced a moment in your life that was pure by which all else was later measured? I'm sure you have. And I am rather afraid of making it too concrete. So long as she remains vague, she is more universal.

Anyway, thanks for the offer. You just keep painting and I know she'll pop round again. She's already done so a few times.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I call her Seductive. Thought I would add her to my gallery,

Name:	bland white high contrast.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	86726

cartuneman, what a great blend of expressive brush marks and controlled tonal work on her face and hair, make for a very strong artistic statement... well done .. love that fact that you limited it to black and whites.