Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartunemans gallery

Cartunemans gallery

I will be posting all my new art here to keep it in one thread instead of all over the place....This is a start huh lol Speed paint this evening to warm
    up. A mixture of art rage and photoshop to make different effects. the second one was straight out of art rage before I granulated it and added a few other filter effects....I am just playing around with techniques and effects. this whole thing took about 2 hours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	girl paint.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	68887Attachment 68889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	girl paint original.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	68890
    Last edited by cartuneman; 07-24-2012 at 03:46 PM.

The inception of this gallery is just outstanding. Hard to see a speedy painting so well defined in the focal part and with so much character! I like such a sort of vaguely mischievous and impudent look on a fairy (that's what she looks like at least), so far from a boring and sloppy one.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

WOW is all I realy can say. Nicely done.

cartuneman

Both are beautiful, but it does raise a question: why are fairies always so Sexy?
    I also put my work in one place, it's a tip someone gave me when I first joined AR.
    Last edited by tinzo; 07-24-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Very nice and after so little time, I really like the detail in the head/face and less on the rest of the painting, a good combination .
    Geoff

cartuneman.. great idea to consolidate your work.. I appreciate being able to see all of them in one place with the added benefit that I can see past works very easily ... interesting that you use photoshop and AR .. that is my work flow also.. mostly I start in AR with some image with a bunch of layers and then work back and forth between the two pgms. I love this and I was thinking this morning as I was driving to work how prolific and quickly you come up with images.. so do you have a large image stock for reference of ideas? I was wishing you had a YouTube video so we could peek over your shoulder as you worked.. THAT would be an art lesson!..

John, 2 wonderful paintings, when I seen them, Pino came to mind, I always enjoy viewing your art and will be watching for more in your thread

Again, you really capture (or create) the most amazing female heads and body language. Bravo!

My personal impression about the vignette device of the girl surrounded by long shards is a little unsettling. And that could work in certain editorial contexts. It's a contrast between her and the background.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi everyone and thank you for visiting my new Gallery and committing on my first post here. Caesar, shadowslake, pat1940, limey-g, Thank you all for your comments and yes it was a fun paint to create. As for Detail I only wanted it in her face and kinda drop the rest of her out. I wasn't really impressed with the film grain test but ehh win some loose some lol but it was ok.

Tinzo...every woman fairy or not is Beautiful and sexy ......at least that how my imagination sees them. lol and thanks ya i saw you putting everything in one place so I took you and the others idea and started this.....don't wanna clutter the site with threads you can never find.

gxhpainter I know there is a program out there that copies every move of the stylus and I wish I had it... but somethings that money is spent on in my house is governed by my book keeping wife and gas and groceries come first lol but some day I would like to oblige your request. and thank you for liking my work. and I do have an extensive morgue of old art, sketches, life drawing and portraits of people, places, children and things.from over 25 years I do find stuff on the net and save them to discs but god help me when I go and try to find something lol it becomes a quest you wouldn't believe....box after box of art and box after box of CD's .....but it is what it is. lol

D Akey Sorry about it if the sharp shards made it feel a bit uncomfortable to your eye but i felt it was appropriate to the effect I wanted but hey that's what art is all about and that is bring those feelings in everyone to life and that makes me feel like i have truly accomplished what I set out to do lol ( actually I was at a loss and in a hurry so I just stroked the paint out and cross hatched it ...it looked good so i kept it lol) Thank you so much for your critical eye I love it when you comment sir. and i am glad i can catch your eye. so this leads me to a great segway to my new post here is this evenings paint the original and a photoshopped one ... I call this....

"The Fire Fly Fairy"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire witch.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	364.2 KB 
ID:	68908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire witch photoshopped copy.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	369.2 KB 
ID:	68909

hope you guys like it?
    Last edited by cartuneman; 07-25-2012 at 04:05 PM.

You seem to have followed strictly someone of the composition schemes of Loomis here, so well built is this illustration. Marvellous new painting. It looks so easy for you to paint such speed figures as defined in their essence as the most finished ones if not even more!

I like also the idea of one thread only. I never dared just because I have too many different styles, tools and subjetcs in my extemporary winds of creations, jokes or studies, so it would be a most chaotic thread. Even worse, I usually make experiments and quicky not built as artpieces and I cannot assure a minimum level of quality, so a sole thread would be my target when I'll feel I may deserve and afford it.
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-25-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!