ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Weeping Tree

The Weeping Tree

I don't know what to say about this one. I was inspired by several photos from some talented Deviant Artists that seemed to touch my very soul. Pencil, oil, watercolor, you name it. A hodgepodge of ArtRage materials.
    I don't mean to make anyone sad, but we all know this sorrow some time in our lives.
    My father taught me about the trees, each one and what they were, what medicines many came from, and how to walk safely in the woods. He was a man that grew up in the mountains and became a man very early in life.
    I won't say goodbye to my Dad, only a see you later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sandy... what an amazing image!..really to be able to so beautifully express your sadness in this universal way I think provides healing and comfort to everyone...especially with the events in Aurora CO...

This is really good, love the theme.
    Geoff

Sandy, what a wonderful tribute to the memory of your father, and so beautifully done! Very touching indeed.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

:0

The Native Americans, as is true of all indigenous peoples, do not use their environment; they participate in it. It's a lesson from which we could all learn. This image nicely sums up the feeling of that belief system.
    There is a scene in "Little Big Man" where a young Brave is about to let an arrow fly towards a deer. Just before he releases the arrow he says, "Thank you Little Brother". I don't know how realistic that was but I believe it is symbolic of the reverence we should have for the natural world.
    You also find it in the Buddhist belief that "All things are Buddha things."
    A lovely and evocative image on many levels, Sandy; one that could easily be connected to the "Trail of Tears".

Sandy...............a-se-hi ...........tsu-ga-sa-wo-dv a-li-s-de-lv-di ni-hi........................Hope it's right.

Beautiful interpretation and very moving.
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Sandy, this bought goosebumps and an overwhelming saddness, so beautifully expressed and wonderful painting

Love the image and the theme is sad but beautifully expressed...may the Great Spirit be with you
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

This is a masterpiece, dear Sandra, certainly one of Your best and among the AR best, I think. there's everything required by composition, texture, palette, tones, story, emotions etc. Moreover there's also a curious effect on one eye which may be seen either closed or looking upward, as if she's looking both and alternativelytowards someone up above, in the heaven hunting fields, and downward to her heart and inner sorrow. There's motion too then. Loud applause then!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Astonishing, Alexandra. Very deep emotion in this one. It's as if she is able to touch even a tree and see him in the past. He may be one of those who now lives in the trees and hills and streams, certainly for his daughter in this picture. At least that's my take on it. This picture to me is about ever-changing forms.

Beautiful, deep work, Sandy.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream