ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Reconstructing Someonesane's painting:

Reconstructing Someonesane's painting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	someonesanes lightning tut psk.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	68695

How did he do this? Particularly the sky and foliage.

Is there any good sky/landscape tutorials?

Or hopefully Someonesane himself could perhaps make a video demonstration of his process?

BTW, excellent YT channel!

Thanks in advance.

,Ben

Heading out to work at the moment, but I'll put something together later tonight.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Heading out to work at the moment, but I'll put something together later tonight.

Thanks so much sir! Your art is so inspiring. Can't wait for the tutorial. Love the real media feel.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to put together a proper tutorial tonight (just to many things going on). Until I can put together an actual tutorial, perhaps you'd like to download and watch this .arscript file I made. It's a test run I made while trying to decide on the methods I'd prefer to recommend in the actual tutorial. Just save it to your computer and then double click the file. It should open ArtRage automatically, allowing you to watch the playback. I don't know how long it take to watch in real time, but in accelerated playback it runs about 6 minutes. The first image below is the image created in the script, followed by a different image test did before thinking to record it with the script recorder.

Name:	thedark_test2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	68722

Name:	thedark_test1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	68721

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to put together a proper tutorial tonight (just to many things going on). Until I can put together an actual tutorial, perhaps you'd like to download and watch this .arscript file I made. It's a test run I made while trying to decide on the methods I'd prefer to recommend in the actual tutorial. Just save it to your computer and then double click the file. It should open ArtRage automatically, allowing you to watch the playback. I don't know how long it take to watch in real time, but in accelerated playback it runs about 6 minutes. The first image below is the image created in the script, followed by a different image test did before thinking to record it with the script recorder.

Name:	thedark_test2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	68722

Name:	thedark_test1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	68721
    No problem. Thanks so much for the script. I will have it to watch and practice with until you can do a proper tutorial.

Thanks for not blowing me off. You're such a valuable member to these forums.

,Ben

BTW, beautiful images you posted.

You know, when I do these types of images I never notice just how many adjustments I make. In my head it just seems like a couple steps, but when I go to record it becomes this drawn out explanation. Either there's to much information to fit into a normal tutorial, or I'm over thinking what I really need to put into this... Either way, I'll hopefully get a tutorial up for this by tomorrow.

Looking forward to it!

Well, I managed to put a tutorial together, but I'm not to happy with it. I'll probably redo it at some point. In any event, the technique I describe in it is all that really matters. Here's the video. Hopefully it'll be of some help.

Man what an awesome tutorial. Thanks so much! This was exactly what I wanted. You have a great technique and make it look so easy (which it's not). I will be practicing your technique and if I'm happy with my results I'll post the image.

Again thanks so much.

,Ben