ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Watermark not being visuble on exportation on jpg format

Watermark not being visuble on exportation on jpg format

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!

ok I bought this software after let say.. play a little with an illegal copy of it

is so great that IDK where to start for drawing

but I loved the idea of watermarks to do a strange art combination....

my problem is that the exportation of the ptg is not perfect when I export it to share the painting in jpeg, the watermark is absent and colours suck

I hope you understand my englesh, I live in MOntevideo uruguay hope you help me, I have the latest version of your art rage studio pro AWSOME AWSOME.... I saw it on a ranking top 5 products to paint jejejeje

Make sure that your jpg quality is set to high for better quality export ( Edit -> ArtRage Preferences -> JPG Quality )

JPG is a lossy compression format, so won't tend to be as high quality as PNG

Can you tell us what you mean by 'watermark' in a more detail?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Make sure that your jpg quality is set to high for better quality export ( Edit -> ArtRage Preferences -> JPG Quality )

JPG is a lossy compression format, so won't tend to be as high quality as PNG

Can you tell us what you mean by 'watermark' in a more detail?
    ok

Sorry I am new to painting in any way, I know some techniques for home made art like embosing of aluminium but I am new to painting

watermark for me is when you draw anything and then use the "tracing" option to "paste" any other images behind it

in this case exporting to jpeg is guacala making my art disgusting

what can you suggest me o do?

I know some of photoshop too and I will learn painter corel soon all by myself jejejeje I have a nice site in wich I plan to set up my art galery

Thanks for the details. The 'tracing image' is not part of the painting and will not appear in any exported files. It is just to give you an image to trace over.

You could get a similar effect by converting your tracing image to paint on a new layer:

1/ Add a new layer
    2/ Make sure this new layer is selected in the layer panel
    3/ With your tracing image already loaded, open the tracing panel. Open the menu ( at the bottom right of the tracing panel ) and choose 'convert tracing image to paint'

This will add your tracing image to your painting as a new layer. Now lower the opacity for that layer by dragging down on the opacity icon at the bottom left of that layer in the layers panel until you get the look you want.

This will mean that when you export our painting you will still have a semi-transparent copy of your tracing image in the file.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Thanks for the details. The 'tracing image' is not part of the painting and will not appear in any exported files. It is just to give you an image to trace over.

You could get a similar effect by converting your tracing image to paint on a new layer:

1/ Add a new layer
    2/ Make sure this new layer is selected in the layer panel
    3/ With your tracing image already loaded, open the tracing panel. Open the menu ( at the bottom right of the tracing panel ) and choose 'convert tracing image to paint'

This will add your tracing image to your painting as a new layer. Now lower the opacity for that layer by dragging down on the opacity icon at the bottom left of that layer in the layers panel until you get the look you want.

This will mean that when you export our painting you will still have a semi-transparent copy of your tracing image in the file.

AWSOME!!! Tanks lots

but what is for the tracing layer? is just to practice like I did yesterday to draw something you want?

for example, I wanna draw anime wallpapers, in this case I set a character tracing then the shape of my pencil art was seen, is that the real usage of the tracing layer?

The tracing layer is to provide a reference to draw over, like tracing on real tracing paper over the image. It gives you a guide and also has the ability to automatically select colours if you want.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

YEAHHHHH thanks is awsome

anothr member told me the help file was the tutorial, I started to read it... awsome

I will have to study lots muahahhahaha