ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Neighbors Wife

My Neighbors Wife

Well I got it done.....lol My neighbor saw my wifes portrait and asked if I would do one of his wife.....well of course I didn't say no so here she is. which one do you like? he wanted it to look aged a bit sort of like an antique look. I painted this in multi layers and then I exported it as psd file into photoshop and did some after effects with lighting and film grain. I actually like either effect, but I am curious what he will choose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autumn soft grain 1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	334.8 KB 
ID:	68664

Name:	autumn soft grain 2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	452.4 KB 
ID:	68665
    Last edited by cartuneman; 07-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.

I like both of them, but the first one for me is better. I love the work of brushes, viisible strokes of material.
    Photoshop effects are nice, but 'artificials'.
    However, everyone has their own tastes
    maybe your neighbor will like more the second
    Wonferful work cartuneman!!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Wow, really very good

I think I like the top one best. The face shows up so well with the contrast. Excellent job and very pretty.

Hi John, they are both superb and so make it difficult to choose. However I think I would go with the second,
    the first is very painterly, showing your brush work. However I think the second has a more tender feel to it.

The first version is far superior. I think the PS treatment in the second has destroyed the charm of the original work.

John, they are both lovely, but I like the first one the best, great job and I am sure he will love it

They are both nice

But I too prefer the first a bit more than the second. However, either one I think has too much highlight on the forehead of the subject. Would you consider lessening the highlight on the forehead? You are the artist not me that is for sure. I think Tinzo has point. For the second, by lowing the highlights and raising the blackist blacks would do the trick to satisfy my eye. Possibly just lessen the overall contrast settings of the image could do that without too much fuss.
    Last edited by Tanzenkran; 07-16-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Well I vote for #2 being more of a photographer I like the subtle detail in this one, but both are very good.
    Geoff

hi everyone, He still hasn't seen these yet . I do like them both for every reason you all have given the first for it's painterly aspects and the 2nd for the softness and the photo style of the blend of light and graininess gives it that aged feel. I'll let you all know which one he likes. I think the person I have to please will be her lol.

Tanzenkran I had played around with contrast and lighting ab it and this was what felt best for the back lighting. But to each their own I respect your opinion and thought I'd post the pic with a darker contrast to show you how it looks.

Name:	darker contrast.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	68669

The reason for the lighting effects was to soften the hard lines and dramatize the overall effect of the rear lighting. Without it, the painting becomes a bit muddied and lifeless. do you agree?

thank you all for your comments! I do trust that her husband will like it. But I'm in a bit of a quandary as to her opinion lol