ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beam Me Up Scotty!

Red face Beam Me Up Scotty!

Just had to make another one....
    I know it is a little campy, but they are such fun to make.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alexandra; 07-14-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Hi Sandy...actually I think these would be great for kids in their room , they are fun and colorful.. just one comment question in this one ( which I really like ) the field of white dots covers everything evenly top to bottom over the large yellow planet and the rocks etc., I was thinking they were star field? I think they would be more effective if you mask off some areas like the planets, or rocks etc... what do you think?

I think you are right Gary-and I will do just this. Thanks for the helpful advice dear man.
    (What do you think of a SciFi art project thread?-I don't know...maybe we already have one. So many are in the fantasy thread. Maybe change the title?????)

Sandy..wow that was quick, must have had that effect on its own layer... I do like this better... much better.. yes a sci-fi / fantasy thread would had quite a few contributors from this forum and kind of deserves is own area... our friend Bobby, Waheed sometimes... Bobbi, and others come to mind

Now you're cooking with gas! . . . sorry old mid-century slogan. Speaking of mid-century, other than that it's in color, you could have been working for the B Movies.

Doesn't the term mid-century carry such an old feeling? I know it's just a way to sell old furniture and crap, but really folks. . . I refuse to call myself a mid-Centurian. . . least not until I find myself on somebody's lawn at a garage sale and come to find there's a piece of masking tape on my forehead with .25 cents written on it.

Anyway, this is a great series. You seem to be getting really good at elipses. Nice cinematic image. You may one day want to get a software program in which you can do Ken Burns moves and do a bit of a moving slide show, complete with music and sound effects. They would be great for that kind of thing. You could do your own voice overs, of steal some Star Trek dialog. Great fun. Nicely painted, Alexandra!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice work Sandy. I think a SciFi thread sounds like a great idea.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Thanks Gary. I am so glad you liked this one better, and yes the star shower was on its own layer.
    I started a sci fi thread...I hope there isn't one already. I wonder who will be the first to upload a painting???

Haha D Akey, we are in the times huh? I'm so pleased you liked it. These are so fun. I've learned so much since I have been here.

Thanks so much Mike. I hope you will feel like making one for the thread dear friend.

Alexandra,
    What a light hearted, dreamspun piece. I would suspect
    that these UFO travelers might be of the friendlier outer
    limits species. Colorful and dramatically out of this world
    cool!

Mairzie Dotes

I would hope they are friendly Sandy lol great job